Complaint Review: Consumers Choice Lighting

• Submitted: Fri, March 16, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, March 16, 2007

• Reported By:Waterford Pennsylvania
Consumers Choice Lighting
28410 Stanford Avenue Valencia, California U.S.A.

Consumers Choice Lighting Order was missing parts, four emails and four months later no resolution Valencia California

I ordered two gooseneck lamps from Consumer Choice Lighting in December of 2006. The flimsy box they were shipped in was literally falling apart when it arrive here at my business in Pennsylvania. My delivery driver made notes of the condition of the box.

Luckily - or so I thought - the lamps were relatively undamaged, just one set of very necessary parts were missing from my order.

I looked over the invoice that came with the shipment and noticed there was no phone number listed for me to call and report the damage. I went back into their website and had problems finding not only a phone number, but even an email address with which to report the damage and missing parts. After finally finding a phone number, I called them, just to be rather rudely told there they do NOT do business over the phone, and that there is a claim form to be filled out on their web site. (Note: the claim form WAS on there, I apparently didn't look in the right spot - or, as my husband said, it was conveniently buried.)

I filed the claim form immediately, and received an email telling me they needed pictures of the missing parts. (It's a good thing I bought two lamps - otherwise supplying a picture would have been 'duh' impossible.)

Well, now it's mid March and after four months and writing four different emails - including one response from them that promised to send the parts out by March 5th, 2007 - I still don't have the necessary parts to hang my lamps.

It's gotten to the point of absolute embarrassment. I've had an electrician lined up to install these lamps above my new storefont sign for months now. My expensive sign has gone unlit, and until I get the missing parts, it will stay unlit.

I wish I had known about this website before I ordered from them, that order would have never been placed - and my storefront would have been lit in December. Their website is loaded with all sorts of accolades and awards, and being stupidly gullible, I assumed this was a top-notch company and didn't realize how badly I was being misled. Customer service is apparently non-existent.

Shame on them, not only for the faulty way these were shipped in the first place, but for being negligent in solving this not-exactly difficult problem and also for insisting on doing business only through the Internet.

I will say that their lamps are beautiful... too bad they are currently useless.

Waterford, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2007 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumers-Choice-Lighting/Valencia-California-91355/Consumers-Choice-Lighting-Order-was-missing-parts-four-emails-and-four-months-later-no-re-239240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumers Choice Lighting