Complaint Review: Context & Associates - C3 Training

• Submitted: Fri, April 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 20, 2011

• Reported By:las vegas Nevada
Context & Associates - C3 Training
15201 451st Ave SE North Bend, Washington U.S.A.

Context & Associates - C3 Training scam on training that is suppposed to be accredited North Bend Washington

*Consumer Comment: Pursuit og Excellence was the Best Investment in My Life

*Consumer Comment: Former Context Graduate

*Consumer Comment: Context a total scam...I think not...

*General Comment: the problem with change...

Context is a company that offers self development personal awareness type courses - they hold information sessions all over the US and Canada in which they offer you a discount for signing up for their programs called The PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE; THE WALL; THE ADVANCEMENT.
At the information sessions they tell you that the courses give you a certificate of completion and they actually are the equivelent of taking a 4th year psych program at a University in Washington state. in fact the information session people claim that if you attend a university later this will be a credit for you and you can get a transcript.

Well I was working of r a company and everyone who worked there had to pay & take this program - it di dhave some good things in it such as conflict rsolution strategies etc for the workplace. At the end of 4 days for the 1st level I thought about asking for my money back - the people of course talk you out of it and again tell you at a later date this is a credit for you. Later I sponsored someone I worked with to take the program as well.

So years pass by I still get emails from these people every time they are offering a new course, so I am back in school and I contact them about a letter confirming my credit so I can take one less class at school and pay for one less class. They of course ignore the first few emails I send, then I phone & leave message. Finally they get back to me on the phone and I am told they will see what they can do. Tim at C3 is who I was dealing with - well for 8 months now I have been given the run around and the bottom line is that they refuse to confirm that this is an accredited prograsm anymore but it might have been at one time & no one canb apparently remember what school or department ever sanctioned their programs.

This is a total scam

AS
BC
Canada

andrea
las vegas, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2008 10:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Context-Associates-C3-Training/North-Bend-Washington-98045/Context-Associates-C3-Training-scam-on-training-that-is-suppposed-to-be-accredited-Nor-325334. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Context & Associates - C3 Training

Pursuit og Excellence was the Best Investment in My Life

AUTHOR: Isabelle M. - ()

My boyfriend bought me Level 1 (Pursuit of Excellence) with Context Associated on W. Broadway in Vancouver, BC (not sure if they are still there).  It was the best course I have ever taken in my life.  I came away with an appreciation for my parents that replaced bitterness. I also learned to love myself more as I was always concerned about being judsged for my actions. As I recall, I was told one could go back and audit the course for free. It has been 15 years so i am not sure if that offer is still valid but if so, I am going to go back and take it again.

RE: the original comment, I was never told it was 'for credit', nor was i told it was equivalent to any type of degree. Common sense dicates that a 4 day course wouldnt be the case. I imagine there was a misunderstanding of sorts. But if not, I guess each branch does their own gig. Mine was great!

Former Context Graduate

AUTHOR: KZMike - (United States of America)

I am in total disbelief of the report made here regarding Context.  My Wife and I have both taken the three courses mentioned and both of us have volunteered our time in support of the three courses as well as other events put on by Context.

In NO case over a period of some 5-6 years+ of our activity and association with Context, have we ever heard of ANY such claims by ANY paid Context employee or Context volunteer.

It is obvious when taking the various seminars, that a high level of psychology is used to convey the highly useful and 'advanced' concepts, but there have been no written or verbal claims of any nature or manner in any meetings or events we have attended.   We have at least  6-7 close friends who have taken the same 'course work' and would support our statement.

YES, a Certificate of Completion is received, but with no statement [written or verbal] as is claimed here. . . not even a mention of any college level work. . . makes zero sense!

The complaint/statement given here, in our long time experience with Context is obviously unfounded and should have more 'evidence' to substantiate such a wild claim against such a reputable company who's motto is "Tell the Truth"

Regards

KZMike

Context a total scam...I think not...

AUTHOR: freezerburnt - (Canada)

Half full or half empty?

Again...No, Im not a groupy but I did once hang out with these people and choose not too as I did see to many destroy thier lives under the guise of being "enllightened". To be honestwhen I was younger my motivation to attend was the cute women and I wanted a real relationship...which I didnt find until 10 years after anyway. In fact I avoid CA people but dont shun them if they identify themselves but do not offer that Ive taken the courses.

So, I did write a previous note on this board... About using these courses for advanced education...ok, here's what I did...I took the CA courses I took (I took all 5 of them), what I learned and when it came time to apply for credit I wrote an arguement supporting "why" they should be applied. Believe it or not I was actually able to get these "humanity" applicable/ related courses applied towards a communications degree and Im working on my industry specific masters now.

So, I encourage those who feel these were a rip off to figure out how to make the situation work for you instead of bitching about it. Ok, you feel it was a rip off...if you wanted a psyc degree then you should have gone and got one shouldnt you...try approaching it as the combination attained a minor in "......." fill in the blank.

In these times learning to adapt or displaying the ability to make situations work is what employers are looking for. If a person cant then work at McDonalds...after all someone has to...

PS Like I said...Im not one of thier groupies and so, Im not going to waste my time blowing sunshine...I am willing to help a little...point in a direction that could possibly helpbut this is where it ends as a person has to have thier own motivation/ drive to succeed. Good Luck!

#4 General Comment

the problem with change...

AUTHOR: freezerburnt - (Canada)

Many years ago in the late 1980's I took courses from Context Asso. similar to the writer of this complaint; I even once met the authors of the programs in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. One thing they and a few of thier presentor's told me stuck in my mind throughout each of the courses/ programs I took..."do not make any drastic changes in your life for at least a year". I was a kid in my 20's at the time.

My experience and observations were/ are that I made some really stupid initial choices, although they didnt destroy my life, and I did see many people utterly throw away relationships, careers and, a few, themselves (individual idenity or in other words "who they are"). Interestingly enough I met someone in early 2005 who seriously had issues with anyone who would admit to taking any of this company's courses...to the point where they wouldnt hire someone who had.

With all this said: institutions are "for profit" so they are not likely to "give away" credits as credits = $$$$$...so effort is required to make this happen...its the same transfering from one to another especially between states or proviences; consider that the accreditation of the programs institutions provide must meet a minimum standard...so how does the course and or program taken apply to the program entered? Be reasonable in this self assessment...I cant imagine any of this company's courses/ programs being allowed to be applied as a core subject towards a degree especially if the entire program wasnt taken; lastly...did you really "get it" or is it being lazy trying to get a free-bee?

So how do you get the credits applied?

What I did was not only write a compelling arguement with supporting program documentation from Context and request the credits be applied to minor courses within the program.

When it was time for me to try using it for credits I called the company and did a little networking to find people I once knew. The way the writer of this complaint "comes accross" is that they are not the type or just havent maintained some form of contact with anyone in the company or someone in the courses they took but they definately appear to want some kind of handout.

The last thing Id like to comment on is...sometimes we win and sometimes we loose...doing either gracefully is something that is important to me. The fact remains since there are so many variables to consider and details of the specific case...Im not one of the company's "groupies" but the way this complaint is written I wonder if the problem is with this company or the writer of the complaint.