Complaint Review: Continental Airlines

• Updated: Fri, August 05, 2011

• Reported By: oa — Medford Oregon United States of America
Continental Airlines
1600 Smith Street, Houston Texas houston, Texas United States of America

Continental Airlines Continental Airlines Continental Airlines makes it impossible to use your unused tickets houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Discounted Fares

I hope you dont get into this situation. I bought a ticket thru Expedia that involved an airline name called "Continental Airlines"; I did not pay attention. Time came that I had to cancel the flight and I was informed thru Expedia that there is a $150 charge; tickect was only about $240... Ok I understand that I should have made my travel arrangements wisely; cancellation is not encouraged...

I want my fellow citizen's attention to where every victim is pointing out on this post; rudeness in their customer service. This time I want to bring about their customer service representatives' behaviour over the phone... I guess this is the culture in Continental Airlines in every sense. Rudeness is tolerated towards customers...  I hope United Airlines does not tolerate this culture when they merge...

In short, I have hard time to use my remaining credits that I was awarded after my cancellation. As I said , they already ate $150, but they do not let me use my remaing amount. They are totally rude and senseless... They bring every possible obstacle for you to not be able to use your remaining credit... I already forgot about my remaining $90... My lesson is that never buy continental tickets... Watch out your expedia options... And good luck to United  Airlines with its slopy partner...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/04/2011 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Airlines/houston-Texas-/Continental-Airlines-Continental-Airlines-Continental-Airlines-makes-it-impossible-to-use-761156. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Airlines

Discounted Fares

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You bought was a Discounted fare.  It doesn't matter what airline you book with these fares have Cancellation Fees.  If you wanted the ability to cancel/change your flight with no fees then you need to buy a full fare ticket.  Of course the discounted $240 ticket you bought would have probably been in the $400-$600 range for a full fare ticket.

You didn't mention any details as to why they won't let you use the credit.  But I have a feeling that it is a case where you let the credit expire.  Most airlines only give you a certain amount of time to use it, generally this is one year.  If it is some other case then I hope you come back and post those details.

comedy