- Report: #1171813
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Continental Collection Agency
Continental Collection Agency1720 S. Bellaire St., Suite 801 denver, Colorado USA
Continental Collection Agency CCA Will charge more money than you owe and make you think you HAVE to pay denver Colorado
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
CCA is a company that collect on rental properties for slumlords in Colorado. They will count on your ignorance to collect more than you owe. If you have a debt with CCA here are some things to remember.
- Don’t tell them where you work they will sue you and garnish your wages. If they tell you they can’t do a deal without you telling them your job, don’t do the deal.
- Let them know that if they sue you, you will file an answer. CCA relies on people not knowing their rights and not fighting back. If they think you will fight back they are less likely to take action.
- If they sue you do file an answer, you have a good chance of winning or paying less. Remember, you can also sue them.
If they try to charge you for damages to the carpet or appliances, make sure you get them to depreciate these items based on the age of each item. Ask for the life expectancy of the carpet and how old the carpet was at move in. Add the number of years you lived there to however old it was when you moved in and subtract it from the life expectancy of the carpet.
- Make sure they read you your mini Miranda “This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained may be used for that purpose.”
- Tape record the call, unless things have changed they don’t tape their calls.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2014 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Collection-Agency/denver-Colorado-80222/Continental-Collection-Agency-CCA-Will-charge-more-money-than-you-owe-and-make-you-think-1171813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.