Complaint Review: Continental Finance Credit Protection

• Updated: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Reported By: MarkShannonSF — San Francisco California
Continental Finance Credit Protection
P.O. Box 8099 Newark, Delaware USA

Continental Finance Credit Protection Credit protection is a ripoff Newark Delaware

I was put on diability in June of 2013 and struggled to make the payments on my credit cards. In September I couldn't do it anymore on the limited income from disability, so I filed a claim with my credit card companies because I always opt for the credit protection. I got the paperwork for all my credit cards individually and filled them out along with my Doctor's statement of disability. Everything was fine until I started to do end of the year accounting and discovered that my Matrix Discover card (Now Matrix Mastercard) was 50 days past due with a $130 minimum payment. I called the card compnay and they said a payment had not been made since October and I was incuring late fees.

I called Continental Finance who holds the insurance for that credit card and inquirdd about it. They said that I have to send them a statement of continued disability every month. I was shocked because I thought it was all taken card of. All my other credit cards are being paid just fine with whatever companies they use for insurance. But not this one. When I explained the situation and told them that if I couldn't make a $35 monthly payment then I certainly can't pay all these late fees that have inured because apparently they were waiting on me to know that I have to send them a statement of disability every month. Of course they didn't care. In desperation I asked to speak with a supervisor, was placed on hold for 53 minutes and finally had to hang up. I called back and was refused to be allowed to talk with a supervisor and was hung up on.

I trusted this company to look out for my best interest while I was on diability and they failed miserably. Now I have delinquent pyments on my credit report and have to find a way to make a $130 payment to catch my account up. I would never recommend this credit "protection" service to anyone. It's clearly a "legal"scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Continental-Finance-Credit-Protection/Newark-Delaware-19714-8099/Continental-Finance-Credit-Protection-Credit-protection-is-a-ripoff-Newark-Delaware-1106438. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Continental Finance Credit Protection