• Report: #219531

• Submitted: Tue, November 07, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, November 07, 2006

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
Contractors Choice Lighting, Consumers Choice Lighting
28410 Avenue Stanford Valencia, California U.S.A.

Contractors Choice Lighting, Consumers Choice Lighting Product not as advertised, EXTREMELY rude and would not accept return Valencia California

I purchased a 150' spool of rope light from this company, which was spec'd on their site as being rated as 5.5 watts per foot. What I received was 3 watt per foot lighting, based on the CSA label stating 3.75A @ 120V for the entire spool.

I called customer service, and explained the situation. The person I spoke to put me on hold, them came back after a while explaining that she had called the factory, and they assured her that it was indeed 5.5w/ft, and that something was wrong with my math. I explained to her that amps x volts = watts was a very clear and well known formula for resistive loads, and the math of 3.75a x 120v = 450w / 150ft was not something to easily get "wrong". She put me on hold again, and a man later came to the phone.

He said they would correct their web site, but not to worry about the lighting I had purchased, because I probably wouldn't notice the difference. When I told him that I didn't want the 3w/ft lighting, he then told me "I'll tell you what you can do with that spool, you can stick it up your ***... no, I take that back: stick it DEEP up your ***".

Perhaps I'm lucky, but I've NEVER run across such unprofessionalism. Nothing even remotely close. He wasn't even provoked - I was simply saying that I wanted what I had ordered, and wasn't being rude or even aggressive about it. With no provocation, he simply turned to insults, and hung up on me.

Needless to say, I'm quite motivated to share the experience for the benefits of others. I'm just thankful that it was only a $100 purchase - I would hate to have this kind of experience with a more expensive product.

Darin
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2006 06:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Contractors-Choice-Lighting-Consumers-Choice-Lighting/Valencia-California-91355/Contractors-Choice-Lighting-Consumers-Choice-Lighting-Product-not-as-advertised-EXTREMEL-219531. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Contractors Choice Lighting, Consumers Choice Lighting