Complaint Review: Convergys

• Updated: Thu, June 30, 2011

• Reported By: louise — Holt Michigan USA
Convergys
201 East Fourth Street Cincinnati, Ohio United States of America

Convergys Did the work at home traning and was let go because I was having some techinal problmes with there softphone After 7 weeks of training they let me go Cincinnati, Ohio

I worked for Convergys through their at home work job.  I had training for 7 weeks which was ok, then when it was time to get on their softphone to take calls for Directv the system kept freezing up.

the trainer told me to do what they call a Brix test it is a Quality test. We used an Viop phone which we had to have an usb headset pluged into my computer.  I did the test and sent it to the trainer.  she called me and told me that I was lossing packet loss and it was to high and that I could not work until I got that down between 0-5% and to call my internet provider which was comcast.

When I first applied for this company had to do a Ha Quality test and it was fine so they hired me. I called comcast and 3 days in a row had 3 different tech's out checking my internet. All of them said that I was not getting any packet losses and that it was at 0%.

I then had a Manager call me and I spoke with him and I told him what the Comcast Tech's told me and he would not beleive me.  He said that I could not work for Convergys until the packet loss was low.  The thing was it all ways happened when I was on Convergys server but the manager kept blaming Comcast for it.   I think it was wrong of them to let me go because they said I was having to many packet losses on their server

When I was in training we were told that they would help us all they could and did not want to see anyone leave convergys, but yet they did this to me.  Be careful of what this company tells you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2011 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Convergys/Cincinnati-Ohio-45202/Convergys-Did-the-work-at-home-traning-and-was-let-go-because-I-was-having-some-techinal-747467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Convergys