• Report: #351921

• Submitted: Wed, July 16, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, July 16, 2008

• Reported By:Fenton Missouri
Cooking Club Of America
2269 South Saw Mill Rd., Bldg. 3 Elmsford, New York U.S.A.

Cooking Club Of America I bought a 1 yr subscription for $12.00 & a month later I had a bill for $275.00 and they're threatening to turn me over to collections...FOR SERVICES THEY NEVER EVEN RENDERED!!! Elmsford New York

In 2005, I received a complimentary copy of "Cooking Pleasures". I liked the magazine because I'm a chef by trade and they had wonderful recipes and cooking tips. So, I subscribed for 1 year @ the introductory rate of $12.00 per year.

Within a week of submitting my payment, I received a bill for $275.00 for a lifetime membership which they claimed I had to pay in order to continue receiving the mag. I immediately canceled my subscrition (in writing), I did not even request a refund of the $12.00.

Now, 3 years later they have turned it over to a collection agency!!! And they're threatening to place the "Outstanding Bill" as a charge-off on my credit report and to add insult-to-injury, they have the nerve to threaten legal action.

I don't owe them anything. I never even got what I did pay for...and now they wanna threaten to sue me???

Cooking Club of America is a scam. They rope you in with a $12.00/year magazine subscription, then try to force you to pay ungodly fees to get what they offered at a "Special Introductory Price".

Consumers, especially cooks and chefs beware: They are only after your bank account. They offer a great deal, then it all blows up in your face. I'm glad I didn't use my credit card to pay for it, I was smart enough to send a money order.

Cjcksn1755
Fenton, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2008 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cooking-Club-Of-America/Elmsford-New-York-10523/Cooking-Club-Of-America-I-bought-a-1-yr-subscription-for-1200-a-month-later-I-had-a-bi-351921. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cooking Club Of America