Complaint Review: cooking pleasures deluxe forged cutlery

• Submitted: Thu, August 09, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: susan — buckeye Arizona United States of America
cooking pleasures deluxe forged cutlery
12301 Whitewater Drive Hopkins, Minnesota United States of America

cooking pleasures deluxe forged cutlery company a scam, no phone number or email to cancel future orders Hopkins, Minnesota

*General Comment: cooking pleaseures

*Consumer Comment: Don't complain unless you have read your receipt.

*Consumer Comment: Customer Service Number

*Consumer Comment: share contact info

*Consumer Comment: I was able to cancel my order.

Responded to an offering of a cooking compant that offered a cultery program where you get to purchase differnt cooking utensils monthly. Upon receiving the first shipment I decided the item was not worth ther price and decided to return the product. They claim that you can cancel the program at anytime by phone, but there is no phone number on the invoice to do so.

By trying to research this copmany I find all other costomers who realize this is a sam and that there is no way to cancel. I am retrurning the product to the address listed on the invoice immeadiately .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 02:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cooking-pleasures-deluxe-forged-cutlery/Hopkins-Minnesota-55343/cooking-pleasures-deluxe-forged-cutlery-company-a-scam-no-phone-number-or-email-to-canc-924959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cooking pleasures deluxe forged cutlery

#1 General Comment

cooking pleaseures

AUTHOR: anon y mous - (United States of America)

sorry but I got suckered into this with the  magazine hullabaloo and just ordered the salt and pepper shaker no where was there one for the  $80.00 knife  they sent;   it a lamb being led to slaughter

Don't complain unless you have read your receipt.

AUTHOR: HeliDude - (United States of America)

In reference to all of these complaints about Cooking Pleasures knives being a scam, having no way to cancel, getting charged with no way to cancel, etc. The first 'free' knife comes with a catalog and a receipt. Both of which inform you of the next item you will be sent, the phone number to use to cancel or terminate the program, and a paraphrased description of the program.

When you originally ordered the first 'free' item, you were emailed a confirmation email which also gives all the information you need.

THERE IS NO SCAM. Just the inability of people to read the information included with the items in the box!

Since the reports list information I believe is only found on the paperwork and pamphlet the complainers obviously have seen said paperwork, just failed to read it.

If one is going to send slanderous information against a company, they should at least make sure they know what they are complaining about!

For those who can't seem to read - here is a copy of some of the information on the receipts:

CONTACTING US
If you need to contact us for any reason we are here and ready to serve you

By Phone    1-800-209-8397
Hours:         Monday through Saturday, 9:00AM - 9:00PM EST
By Mail:        Returns - NAAC Distrrribution, P/O. Box 100002, Kennesaw, GA 30156-9255
                    Inquires - NAAC Customer Service, P.O. Box 3528, Hopkins, MN 55343

CHANGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT
...

There are instructions for CHANGES... and also for RETURNS, as well as the complete 100% Satisfaction Guarantee explanation.

The paperwork and pamphlets are included for a reason... READ THEM!!!!!

PS Maybe you didn't look at the whole invoice/receipt... there are 2 sides to a sheet of paper!

Customer Service Number

AUTHOR: Stacy - (United States of America)

The number I called was 1-800-209-8397. It was an automated menu that I navigated through to cancel.

share contact info

AUTHOR: smarty_s - (United States of America)

I am in the same situation like many other customers tricked into this programme. The number on the back of my shipment document is 1-800-209-8397, I've been trying to call it all day, but it disconnects

immediately. Could the person who had a resolution to the problem by phone please share the number - did you use a different one? Thanks a milliion in advance.

I was able to cancel my order.

AUTHOR: Stacy - (United States of America)

I didn't have the same experience you did with Cooking Pleasures. I responded to an add that sent me a Santoku Knife and Ultimate Salt and Pepper Mill for only the cost of S&H. I love both items and use them almost every time I cook, but I was quite shocked to see the price my next shipment would cost me.

The phone number for customer service was on the back of the shipping invoice as well as clearly written in the pamphlet that came in the box. I called and was navigated through a menu and was easily able to cancel my order. I was even told that if I did receive the shipment for some reason I would be able to return it and be fully refunded. I didn't have that problem.

I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with them but I was very happy. I wouldn't pay the full shipment price but a good quality knife and my salt and pepper mill was completely worth the $9 I paid for it.