Complaint Review: Copat Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, August 24, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, August 25, 2013

• Reported By: Truth B. Told — Beverly Hills California
Copat Inc.
14185 Dallas Parkway Dallas, Texas USA

Copat Inc. FLOOD DAMAGED VEHICLE SCAM!!! Dallas Texas

I have read a few of the reports on this site and some sound valid and others just plain silly!

One guy claims all you need is common sense. I realize that the cars that are for sale through

auto auction companies such as Copart are in some sort of need of repair, I get it! What I don't

get is how they can sell a car with a clean title, list the primary damage as mechanical. I recently

bought 4 cars from Copart through an online broker. I recieved one of my cars at 11:40pm and

I knew it wasn't running so I had it towed to the Toyota Dealership the next morning at 7:30am.

The car a 2013 Toyota Prius I paid a total of $13,760. for upon inspection by the factory trained

technicians they found the car has recieved flood damage! water was found in the engine, the transaxle

There was mud coming from the air vents, among other places. I contacted the company and they told

me their inspection revealed no such findings. However, they did admit by law they would have been

required to SALVAGE the vehicle if there is proof of flood damage. I contacted the Regional Manager and

his position was , "as is where is all sale are final!" They obviously don't care about consumer protection

laws and true disclosure. They don't honor repeat clients neither. ( I have purchased a total of 7 cars from

them. The first 3 cars were ok and just as discribed on the site. The last 4 were all completely made to look

decent on the website but should have clearly been SALVAGED!!!! I don't know how these cars have clean

carfax reports and titles???? Now I've had to hire an attorney and threaten filing suit in order to get some of

my money back!!!! I have 2 cars that cost more to repair than it does to replace!! The rule of law in the U.S.

is fading and companies like Copart are taking advantage of this grey market/ area!!! I remember 20-25

years ago a company would have simply acknowledged their mistake and refunded your money now days

they are worst than Gangbangers!!! because you don't know if the law will ever catch them????

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/24/2013 04:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copat-Inc/Dallas-Texas-75254/Copat-Inc-FLOOD-DAMAGED-VEHICLE-SCAM-Dallas-Texas-1078759. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copat Inc.