Complaint Review: Copeland Marketing Corp. / Tia Eckstadt

• Submitted: Sat, March 28, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, March 28, 2009

• Reported By:Gray Maine
Copeland Marketing Corp. / Tia Eckstadt
1470 W International Speedway Blvd. Datona Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Copeland Marketing Corp. / Tia Eckstadt, Representative Took my "DEPOSIT" and ran. Never heard from them again. Datona Beach Florida

In June, 2006 I was contacted by Kia Eckstadt, representative of Copeland Marketing Corp., Daytona Beach, Florida with a plan to market a timeshare I own in Maine.

Ms. Eckstadt was very patient and persistent over several days answering my questions and referring me to "Good Information" on the WEB which legitimized the company. I was told and have the paperwork to show that the company intended to "Market" my Timeshare as the company with the "Exclusive Right to List" my property. It was also established that the company was not a real estate broker, but an "Advertizing/Marketing" company. The company "CMC" "charges you, the seller/owner a 10% finder's fee, per deed sold, only upon the sale of your property, paid out of escrow."

The agreement expires in one year and may be renewed at the owners request at no further expense to the owner.

I have never heard anything from the company again and they are still holding my $699.00 in escrow. I sure could use that money.

Dave
Gray, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2009 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-Marketing-Corp-Tia-Eckstadt/Datona-Beach-Florida-32114/Copeland-Marketing-Corp-Tia-Eckstadt-Representative-Took-my-DEPOSIT-and-ran-Never-438673. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland Marketing Corp. / Tia Eckstadt