Complaint Review: Copeland Marketing

• Submitted: Fri, October 10, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 10, 2008

• Reported By:Plantation Florida
Copeland Marketing
1474 W. International Speedway Blvd Daytona Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Copeland Marketing Services never rendered. Paid $400 for them to rent my timeshare. In 2 years I've not had one single offer. Daytona Beach Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: they get to you this way....

*Consumer Suggestion: Esti, NEVER pay up front!!

I signed a contract and paid $400 by credit card (ostensibly for 'marketing activities') to have my time share weeks rented out. They said I could get $1800-3000/week for my weeks. I was willing to take much less, asking them to bring me every offer for consideration.

Over the months I placed numerous calls, most of which never were returned. I called to ask what the status was and why I'd not had a single offer. Originally I was told that I should have offers within a month or 2 as I had signed up in the summer and they were beginning their big Christmas vacation campaign.

Then when I called 4-5 months after having signed up they informed me that the average time it takes to get a unit rented is 9 months.

Nine months came and went. I called again, and again at the 1 year mark. I believe it was after that that their number had changed or was disconnected.

I had not been able to find out anything else until I happen to land at Rip-Off Report for something else and was shocked to find that there are recent complaints about Copeland.

At least now they can be found on Switchboard.com. Before they couldn't be found anywhere.

They have no website - isn't THAT strange?

I'm not sure how they got to me in the first place, but I believe I must've responded to a co-op ad - those ads for products and services from 'partners' that show up when you're leaving a website. I must've filled out an online form and then they called me.

Esti
Plantation, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2008 02:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Copeland-Marketing/Daytona-Beach-Florida-32114/Copeland-Marketing-Services-never-rendered-Paid-400-for-them-to-rent-my-timeshare-In-2-379960. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Copeland Marketing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

they get to you this way....

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

The easiest way is these people pull up the tax records on these time shares since all that info is perfectly legal to pull up since is is open records for anyone to pull up for your county. It has your timeshare address and also your mailing address.

Sure they could get you from soemthing you signed up or from the timeshare themselves, but it is easy just to pull it up on the computer by the tax office. Takes about 2 seconds. hope that helps. By the way most of these places are just scum. I wourd stay away and rent it yourself.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Esti, NEVER pay up front!!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Esti,

This is just plain old fashioned common sense!

Never give anyone your money without checking them out FIRST, and without getting a performance contract.

NEVER pay up front for this type of service.

Most legitimate property managers take a commission from each months rent.