Complaint Review: Coral Resorts Hilton Head, SC

• Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By: denise — Covington Georgia United States of America
Coral Resorts Hilton Head, SC
hilton head, South Carolina United States of America

Coral Resorts Hilton Head, SC Lied, created a scam which took thousands and thousands of dollars from innocent people. hilton head, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Coral Resorts makes good

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone

Coral Resorts invited us to visit their resort in Hilton Head.  Had to attend a 90 minute presentation.  Afterwards we were asked to purchase into this timeshare.  we told them we had two already and were not interested.  This is where the scam begins.  They offered to buy our Nashville timeshare for $9,000.  They would sell theirs to us for $6,000 and give us two developer weeks.  WE were told the check would be mailed to us in 30 days, 60 at the latest.  I asked how easy would it be to use the developer weeks.  I was told no problem, just don't use it around a holiday it would be hard to get in.  We were also told the maintenance fees were every two years since we bought into the bi program.  We were given 31,000 points to be renewed every 2 years for RCI.  These maintenance fees are being charged every year. Never received a check, They never bought our timeshare, tried to use developer week, was told they are booked up, you may be able to get in in January, but the price to reserve starts at $!,000 for week!!  Where is the "give" In this?  While we were signing the papers, he was explaining what we were signing.  All of this was signed but we never got the papers for the above agreement.  I believe they shredded this part and gave us what they wanted us to have which was a contract stating they were going to list our property with a third party where it may or may not be sold.  We would pay the maintenance fees every year. The only thing honest about their presentation was the 30,000 points.  These people need to be stopped!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2012 05:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC/hilton-head-South-Carolina-/Coral-Resorts-Hilton-Head-SC-Lied-created-a-scam-which-took-thousands-and-thousands-of-843067. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coral Resorts Hilton Head, SC

Coral Resorts makes good

AUTHOR: mrjlturner - (USA)

Folks,

I had the same problems with Coral Resorts. However, I have good news. I worked w/ the SC Attorney General's office and the South Carolina Real Estate Commission to open a formal complaint. After a number of months of research and review, the SCREC contacted Coral Resorts and they agreed to offer us a full and complete refund of both the TimeShare purchase price and our Maintenance fees that we had paid. Based on this refund, and the dissolution of our contract, we are fully satisfied w/ the resolution that Coral Resorts has provided us.

Thanks,
mrjlturner

You are not alone

AUTHOR: mrjlturner - (United States of America)

I have a similar story, but was taken while on vacation in Hilton Head.  I can tell you that the SC Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (Office of Investigation and Enforcement) has secured a lawyer and is currently investigating these sales practices and customer complaints thoroughly.  I spoke with their office today and am currently building my formal complaint to submit.  I would encourage you to visit their website and do the same!  They can be reached at (803)896-4470

Thanks!