Complaint Review: Core Carriers

• Reported By: Alias — Stover Missouri
Core Carriers
1000 Sunshine, Kansas City KS Kansas City, Kansas USA

Core Carriers Not the best, Not the worst Kansas City Kansas

Working for Core Carriers for a year now, and have some definite cons, and some definite pros.

I wish to say that the cons are old equipment, unusual ways of saving a dollar, and the truck I drive has only 3 batteries instead of the ususal 4 with no APU(Auxilary Power Unit) and my experience with a CPAP machine is if I want it to run all nite with out running the engine, and for heat or cooling as the season dictates, the top speed of the truck keeps going down. It was at 65, now at 60. How dare I want to keep the sleeper temperate so I can get a good nites sleep to be safe, or comply with Federal Law. They play the idle game, and I have put up with it, but not much longer. How many people in this country sleep in a bedroom that is 90 degrees in the summer, or 40 degrees in the winter. The office people dont, I wont either. If the owners wish to save fuel, buy the APUs. The last speed reduction was because I had to layover due to no loads for two days in 90 degreee heat. When I got rolling again, instead of the 62 mph I had, I lost 2 miles per hour top speed due to no responsibility of my own. I was paid layover pay.

Also, if I run my equipment without running the engine, not only do I run the risk of a dead battery, but also a low battery buzzer in my truck ALWAYS goes off at 2 to 3 in the morning informing me I have to turn truck on to charge battery. That  interferes with my ability to be safe being rudely woke up in the middle of the night.

Now for some Pros. Most of the people that work there have driven a truck, which means they understand what it is like to be broke down in the middle of nowhere, or how a lumper fee could cost $300, or how this this crazy job can be so crazy. Everyone will listen to you and give you an honest answer. You may not like the answer, but they will give you the truth. The do a very good job of keeping thier junk up. I have yet to have any one of the 3 trucks I have driven break down on the road, and all these trucks have 700,000 plus miles.

I get home every weekend. I am on a "casual" program where I only have to work minimum of 4 days a week, or as long as I like. No benefits to this arrangement like vacation or such.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 05:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Core-Carriers/Kansas-City-Kansas-66115/Core-Carriers-Not-the-best-Not-the-worst-Kansas-City-Kansas-1075591. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Core Carriers