Complaint Review: corinthian colleges, everest college

• Submitted: Sun, November 04, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 07, 2012

• Reported By: shannon — rensselaer Indiana United States of America
corinthian colleges, everest college
merrillville in merrillville, Indiana United States of America

corinthian colleges, everest college asking for money..got no loans/ financial aid, letters in mail merrillville, Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: Accreditation and Financial Obligation

When I was 17 years old I got my ged, and decided to look into Everest College. At the time I didn't read much about it and decided it was a good quick option. I enrolled, started classes. On the second day of class my advisor pulled me out and told me they were notified that I had to be 18 years of age to attend. I still had a few months until my birthday. I decided not to return after hearing no one hires Everest graduates, and reading horror stories online. I'm now 19 and Everest is sending me mail telling me I owe them money. The most recent letter says I owe $1,049.16 t says I have 30 days to dispute the validity of the debt. I need help I have no idea what to do. I don't feel I owe them anything. Also they said they were accredited and recently heard they are not. Help please!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 06:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/corinthian-colleges-everest-college/merrillville-Indiana-46410/corinthian-colleges-everest-college-asking-for-moneygot-no-loans-financial-aid-lette-964695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on corinthian colleges, everest college

Accreditation and Financial Obligation

AUTHOR: anonymous - (United States of America)

Hello,

CCi - Everest is accredited but you should know there are multiple agencies that offer accreditation.

Regarding your financial obligation, contact Jeff Baxley who is the Division Head of Student Finance and is ultimately responsible for the Merrillville campus.  His number is 251-602-6200.   You can also contact the Manager of Student Services, Marc Ner at the home office in California.  His number is 714-427-3000 ext 917.