Complaint Review: Cornerstone Credit Services

• Updated: Mon, August 26, 2013

• Reported By: Missie — Ketchikan Alaska
Cornerstone Credit Services
1835 S Bragaw, suite 500 Anchorage, Alaska USA

Cornerstone Credit Services Barely Legal Collections for Lazy Providers Anchorage Alaska

My attorney explained to me that Cornerstone Credit is basically a clearing house for companies that do not want to spend time billing their own customers and medical providers that do not want to pursue medical billing completely.

I have had two accounts end up there, both medical.  Both times I had to give Cornerstone my (HIPPA protected) medical information so that they could process my insurance.  Meanwhile, they were extremely rude.  I have discontinued going to medical offices that refer their bills to them.  Ask your medical provider:  do you file insurance, and will you call me if you are having trouble with it?   I think it isn't out of line to ask them "Do you send accounts to Cornerstone Credit"?  If so, run.  If a medical provider is going to set up office and see patients, I think they have a responsibility to at least make an effort to bill your major insurance provider.  I have TWO major medical insurance coverages, and because my provider was lazy and didn't pursue the billing after they filed the insurance incorrectly, I ended up with rude collection practices by an outfit that my attorney says is really just an automatic program with a phone clearinghouse who could care less what they do to your credit, or how they go about collecting money.

The state of Alaska needs to look into these people.  Protect your citizens.  Do NOT go to a medical provider who uses them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2013 07:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cornerstone-Credit-Services/Anchorage-Alaska-99508/Cornerstone-Credit-Services-Barely-Legal-Collections-for-Lazy-Providers-Anchorage-Alaska-1079056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cornerstone Credit Services