Complaint Review: Corsicana/ furniture depot

• Submitted: Sun, March 16, 2014
  • Updated: Sun, March 16, 2014

• Reported By: Tcat — Baltimore Ohio

Corsicana bedding inc I purchased a mattress from a local retailer(furniture depot ohio). 15 months after I bought the mattress it had dips in it, the box springs always squeaked. I contacted the dealer I purchased it from n found out it was not the name brand I thought I had purchased and went throughout great lengths to get them to honor the five yr warranty on the Corsicana king mattress I actually purchased. I dealt w them for months including call, emails, pictures, spoke to sales manager n owner to no avail. I have contacted Corsicana several times. Each time I call I speak to someone that has no idea that my problem exists n I have to start a new "claim". Corsicana basically also will not honor he warranty.... I am stuck w I crappy mattress and box springs that I paid over 700$ for. I am disabled And cannot afford another mattress, so basically swindled w no coarse of action left. Do not buy Corsicana Corsicana Texas

*General Comment: amazing!!!!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Can't take yes for an answer

I was originally ripped off by the local dealer I purchased my mattress from by not getting the brand I thought I paid for. Then they wouldn't honor the warrenty that was clearly w the actual Corsicana I actually purchased. I dealt w them for months via phone calls, emails, sales manager and owner To no avail. I then contacted Corsicana several times, each time w no previous record of the last, also w no resolve on getting a replacement mattress. The mattress started showing sighns of wear after only 15 months w broken springs n dips in the surface. The box springs that came w the set were also crap, squeaking from time of purchase to actual collapse now. I am disabled and saved for this matress for a long time, needles to say can't just replace it. I aggrevates my illness and causes great deal of discomfort and stress. Do not buy Corsicana the warranty is a joke

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2014 10:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corsicana-furniture-depot/Corsicana-Texas-75109/Corsicana-bedding-inc-I-purchased-a-mattress-from-a-local-retailerfurniture-depot-ohio-1131051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corsicana/ furniture depot

#1 General Comment

amazing!!!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Its amazing that this consumer has ZERO understanding of how a warranty works. Im betting her disability is mental and NOT physical. If you wish to redeem a warranty you MUST bring the supposedly failed product in that YOU wish to swap out. As I understand mattress warranties, its versus the quality of the BUILD and NOT normal wear and tear. So it really just sounds like this consumer wants a replacement due SOLEY to THEIR use of said mattress. If the store or company is NICE ENOUGH to replace it for her then why in ANY stretch of the imagination did she make this report. I hope both the store and the manufacturer go after her in a civil proceeding for the comments SHE has made.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Can't take yes for an answer

AUTHOR: Dpo guy - ()

This "review" is almost entirely false. The customer has been offered an exchange (sight unseen) for her alleged defective mattress many times. She doesn't want a Corsicanna mattress as an exchange. That is the brand we carry. That is the brand she purchased and that is the brand she has been offered for the exchange. There are no alternate brands. If you buy a Chevy and have warranty issues you don't get a Ford exchange. She has called many times and I have had many(circular) conversations with her telling her this. We are still willing to exchange her mattress but she will not take yes for an answer.