Complaint Review: Corso's Cookies

• Reported By: L.C. — Casselberry Florida
Corso's Cookies
314 Lakeside Road Syracuse, New York USA

Corso's Cookies Hidden shipping charges Syracuse New York

I purchased a $15.00 coupon from Groupon for $40.00 worth of cookies, in a "bouquet", to be sent to my grandchildren in Ohio as a surprise.  The surprise was on me!  Before any shipping was disclosed, I had to give my personal and credit card information and make my purchase.  My then "balance" was $0.  When I clicked on Continue, I then was shown a shipping charge of $12.99! That totalled $27.99 for FIVE cookies???????  Even more without the Groupon coupon ($52.99).

I was unable to cancel the order at that time, since it was already being processed on my credit card.  As I had already informed my grandchildren's mother I was sending them a sweet surprise, I felt I had no choice but to accept the outrageous shipping charge.

Needless to say, given this situation and another matter concerning a Groupon coupon, I won't be using either Groupon or Corso's Cookies again.

Buyer Beware!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2013 08:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corsos-Cookies/Syracuse-New-York-13209/Corsos-Cookies-Hidden-shipping-charges-Syracuse-New-York-1060890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corso's Cookies