Complaint Review: Corvias-Edwards AFB

• Updated: Wed, November 13, 2013

• Reported By:Edwards California
Corvias-Edwards AFB
402 West Forbes Avenue, Bldg 6696 Edwards, California USA

Corvias-Edwards AFB Corvias Military Living, Privatized Housing Ignorance, Lack of professionalism, Mistreatment, privatized housing, Financial and Emotional distress Edwards California

*UPDATE Employee: Edwards AFB Follow Up

*UPDATE Employee: Edwards AFB complaint follow up

I recently moved into Corvias military housing on October 17, 2013.  On October 31, 2013 I went into their office during my lunch break to pay the prorated rate of $714.00 for my rent.  When their worker attempted to process my payment via my debit card, he informed me the card reader wasn’t registering and he needed to plug it in and run my card again.  I asked him if I was being charged twice and he informed me I would only have one charge on my account.  After returning to work, my husband contacted me to inform me that we had been charged two times for the amount of $714.00.  I contacted Corvias and they instructed me to come by their office after work and they would give me a refund for $714.00.  I went into the office after work and my card was run for them to refund me $714.00 and I also paid my pet deposit of $200.00.

After I left their office, I contacted my bank and informed them of my situation and I tried to call Corvias on a conference call as it may have been around 5:15 pm and they close at 5:30 pm.  No one answered and I didn’t leave a message.

I called Corvias on November 1, 2013, to inform them that the bank needed them to call and give them a Merchant ID, to stop one of the charges of $714.00.  Their worker informed me that they could not call since they worked under a Corporate ID and was informed to contact my bank and fax them my paperwork receipt showing the refund of $714.00.  I contacted my bank and informed them I would be faxing them a receipt.

On November 4, 2013, my account is still not reflecting a credit, I contacted Corvias and conferenced in my bank with the Corvias staff on the line.  By now both charges of $714.00 had posted to my account.  There is nothing Corvias can do to have my bank reverse their charges.

On November 5, 2013, I contacted Corvias and spoke with them to let them know my account still was not credited.  I asked to speak to their manager as well and she was unavailable as she was on a conference call.   During the conversation she informed me that a similar situation occurred with someone else, however they were able to rectify the situation the same day.  I may have waited a few hours and I called back to speak with their manager.  The manager informed me she already called my bank and my money is being held up by a third party.  The manager stated, “Hopefully, your money will be in your account on Friday (November 8, 2013)”.  I inquired to see what the fix would be if the money was not in my bank on November 8, 2013.  She informed me that she would contact my bank.  She just informed me that my money is being held up by a third party, so it’s out of my banks hands.  I asked her who her supervisor was and she gave me his name and address.

On November 8, 2013, my account has still not been credited.  I contacted Corvias on 8 November 2013 at 8:39 am and left my work number with a message for their manager to call me back.  The manager called me back stating, “There is nothing else she could do and didn’t know what else to do”.  I have waited 7 business days as of today (November 8, 2013).

It is my hope that this does not occur to anyone else in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Corvias-Edwards-AFB/Edwards-California-93523/Corvias-Edwards-AFB-Corvias-Military-Living-Privatized-Housing-Ignorance-Lack-of-profes-1098065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Corvias-Edwards AFB

Edwards AFB Follow Up

AUTHOR: Amber McNeil - ()

We are very sorry that you had this experience at Edwards Air Force Base.  Corvias Military Living prides itself on providing award-winning customer service to military families and residents.  We would like the chance to talk through your experience and concerns with you and will have someone from the customer service team contact you to help.

Edwards AFB complaint follow up

AUTHOR: Amber McNeil - ()

We are very sorry that you had this experience at Eielson Air Force Base.  Corvias Military Living prides itself on providing award-winning customer service to military families and residents.  We would like the chance to talk through your experience and concerns with you and will have someone from the customer service team contact you to help.