Complaint Review: Cosmetic Dentistry Grants

• Reported By: Artemis — Valley Village California
Cosmetic Dentistry Grants
One Gateway Center Newark , New Jersey USA

Cosmetic Dentistry Grants Supposed to be a non-profit Newark New Jersey

I nearly fell victim to a very cunning scam.

Of course the website looked too good to be true, but when you are in pain and can't even leave your house your teeth are so bad, you'll check it out at least.

I'm so glad I looked a little more deeply on the internet and found reports here and elsewhere.

I filled out the application and the next day my house phone and cell phone rang at least 4 times each and then I got emails.   Yay! I've been approved.   So I finally answered my phone.   Thank goodness I did some more research first.

They offer "grants" for cosmetic dentistry like, implants, crowns, veneers etc.  However they first try to get you to buy x-rays, my quote today was about $142.   That is not bad for x-rays but I still didn't have it to spend   She pushed me to go out and get a pre-paid credit card as I would need to leave at least a $50.00 credit card deposit over the phone before they would make an appointment for me.

Warning! Warning!  If it's a grant (ie charitable endeavor) and you have to pay up front for "anything" run as fast as you can.   Other stories I found all over had some poor folks pushed into a financial black hole.

They also have 100's of like sounding testimonials on their website, but most of the cash given is in very small increments like $600 or $800.

For someone like me whose teeth were destroyed by illness and radiation therapy through my head and neck that is a mere pittance.  I'm looking at about $20,000 worth of restorative work and unless I hit the lotto that's not going to happen.

Run, don't walk away from this scam thinly veiled as a "grant" or "charity" program. it's sole purpose is to drum up business for dentists and then lure you in and hook you for thousands of dollars.

I am now off to try my luck at a university dental school.

Take care from a young toothless cancer survivor

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 08:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cosmetic-Dentistry-Grants/Newark-New-Jersey-07102/Cosmetic-Dentistry-Grants-Supposed-to-be-a-non-profit-Newark-New-Jersey-1073712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cosmetic Dentistry Grants