Complaint Review: Costco Tires

• Submitted: Fri, May 14, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By: ReallyRippedOffBummer — San Francisco California United States of America
Costco Tires
450 10th st, San Francisco, California United States of America

Costco Tires, Costco Tire Center is not up to Costco's standards for integrity San Francisco, California

Costco tire center refused to honor their road hazard warranty claiming that slight unevenness indicated alignment or inflation issues.  But in fact I had them aligned regularly before and after and inflated properly.  Costco's telling me I needed an alignment not only was a sleazy way of getting out of their obligations, it actually wasted my time and money on alignments that I didn't need.

And they didn't return the tires I wanted for evidence, and didn't give me a copy of the warranty calculation paperwork.

This is not a one time issue; it's systemic to Costco tire center.  Over the 20 years I've been using Costco tire center, I've found them to always try and get out of road hazard warranty repairs by exaggerating alignment or inflation issues.  Never once have they just cheerfully done the repair; it always involves me standing firm with evidence and a good case before they do the covered repairs.  That was across a half dozen incidents at several different Costco locations, so it's clearly systemic.

Costco tire center just isn't up to the standards of integrity and customer satisfaction that the rest of Costco meets.  I'm not saying they are any worse than other tire dealers, but I expect better of Costco.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Costco-Tires/San-Francisco-California-94103/Costco-Tires-Costco-Tire-Center-is-not-up-to-Costcos-standards-for-integrity-San-Franci-603506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Costco Tires