Complaint Review: Costco

• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, March 31, 2010

• Reported By:Fort Myers Florida
Costco
7171 Cypress Lake Dr. Fort Myers, Florida U.S.A.

Costco Consistently the poorest quality of meat at primo prices Fort Myers Florida

*Consumer Comment: Costco Meat

*Consumer Comment: Costco = Prime + Choice meats

*Consumer Comment: I Agree With The Majority...the meat is great

*UPDATE Employee: great meat

*Consumer Comment: Cosco Fort Myers Meat is Great!!!

*Consumer Comment: It must just be Florida

*Consumer Comment: Best Meat Around

*Author of original report: Maybe the Costco in California is different

*Consumer Comment: The Costco here has GREAT meats!

*Consumer Suggestion: Then stop buying their meat.

Always very poor quality meat.

Scott
Fort Myers, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2003 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Costco/Fort-Myers-Florida-33907/Costco-Consistently-the-poorest-quality-of-meat-at-primo-prices-Fort-Myers-Florida-61447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Costco

Costco Meat

AUTHOR: RDS - (United States of America)

Costco Meat is the best, if you don't like it just return it. But I have never had to experience that.

Costco = Prime + Choice meats

AUTHOR: Big D - (USA)

I've been using Costco regularly for meat for about 6 years now, and my parents have been using them for as long as I can remember (even back when they were something like "Price Costco")

We've used them all over South Florida, Atlanta, and Virginia.  I have never even seen brown/rotting or misgraded meat in a Costco, but I have in grocery stores.

There's 8 USDA grades of meat.  Costco usually only sells the top two, while most grocery stores only sell the second and third.

The only way I can think of you having bought low quality meat is if you got the ground beef patties from the freezer section.  NEVER buy that stuff.  EVER.  From ANY store.  You're not supposed to ever buy pre-frozen beef, or beef that is wrapped up so you can't see it.

I Agree With The Majority...the meat is great

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

I must say that I think the meat at Costco is the best there is around. I agree with the majority on this one. I have shopped at Costco in NV and AZ (the places I have lived). Like a previous poster said, the steaks are extra thick, and you can't get them like that at local grocery stores. Their prices are good and the meat is always way more fresh than anywhere else. I never have to worry about a package of meat being repackaged there past its experation date either. I've often had cuts of meat from grocery stores that just did not smell right for being as "fresh" as the package stated. Never had that problem at Costco though.

great meat

AUTHOR: Derek - (U.S.A.)

Costco is the largest purveyor of "Choice" Grade meat in the world. If you understand meat then you know that very few 'supermarkets' sell the same quality meat that Costco does. Most of the time you have to go to butcher shop to get such high quality.

As with anything sometimes poor quality slips through the cracks, but haveing worked in reatil for most of my life, I will tell you this. There is nothing more important to Costco than your satisfaction. If you go back to the location you bought the meat with your receipt and a the rest of the package of meat. They will refund your money in full.

I am a loyal Costco employee, but even if you gave me a gift certificate to a local grocery store. I would not buy meat from them. I would always buy it from Costco. The HAACP program they have is so far above industry standards, that is reason enough to shop there.

Cosco Fort Myers Meat is Great!!!

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

I have been a member of Costco in Fort Myers, FL since the store opened. I have never been dissapointed in any of the purchased I have made there. Costo is a great store, I use the pharmacy, I buy my glasses there, I buy clothes, movies, houseware and food there often.

It must just be Florida

AUTHOR: Deb - (U.S.A.)

It must just be the meat in Florida because we have a membership here in Virginia just for the meat department at Costco. The meat is always fresh and a much better deal than any of the grocery stores around. We are so excited that the Costco here in Leesburg, Virginia opens TODAY, so that we no longer have to drive approximately 25 minutes down a busy highway to get to what was the closest one. Now it is 5 minutes, top, away from us. We also buy our sport drinks and a few other items from Costco also. We highly rate that store!!

Best Meat Around

AUTHOR: Cam - (U.S.A.)

I live outside of Cincinnati, Ohio. I have a Costco membership JUST TO BUY meat from Costco. It is by far the best place to buy it and at the best price. Costco also has a great return policy, I bought a computer there, it had a problem, gave me my money back within minutes of walking in the door. I no longer have a Sam's membership, didn't see any reason to.

Maybe the Costco in California is different

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

Maybe the Costco in California is different. In Florida it is substandard.

The Costco here has GREAT meats!

AUTHOR: Sherri - (U.S.A.)

I buy all of my meat at the Richmond, California Costco. It is fresher, the cuts are perfect and the steaks are EXTRA THICK, much, much better than what is available in Albertsons and Safeway and at reasonable cost.

#10 Consumer Suggestion

Then stop buying their meat.

AUTHOR: Terrance - (U.S.A.)

It's simple. Don't buy meat from them. Do you buy a product, find out it's no good, and then buy another one? If the customers don't believe the product (meat in this case) is worth the money, then they won't buy it, and the company may get the message.