Complaint Review: Cottman's Transmissions

• Submitted: Fri, October 29, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, October 29, 2004

• Reported By:Tomball Texas
Cottman's Transmissions
1599 HIcks Street Tomball, Texas U.S.A.

Cottman's Transmissions Ripoff Dishonest False advertisement Tomball Texas

On October 26, 2004, I took my '99 mustang to the Cottmans Transmissions center here in Tomball Texas. I was given an approximate price of $500.00 to pull the transmission, inspect it *225.00 inspection fee* and to repair my reverse gear. The next day I received a phone call from them giving me a new price... $2,300. I told him no, that I was told to fix my reverse gear it would only cost around 500 dollars. He said he would not fix it, that he would only do a full rebuild.

Mind you, they charge 225.00 to pull the transmission and find out what the problem is. The only reason I allowed them to take the transmission out, was that I was assured they would repair only reverse so that I could get my car back on the road. Well here I am, my car is in pieces, and this guy refuses to fulfill the deal made prior to any work being done. So now, I owe 225.00, my car is still not fixed, still not put together *because as you would have it, now since I'm not going to allow them to do what they want with my transmission, it is taking a solid week to get my car back together. 7 days to the T. These guys have been completely wrong from the start, but who has to pay? I do. If you aren't one to throw money in the trash, DO NOT GO TO COTTMANS! As for now, I wait til they are through playing their games and give me my car back :|

Keith
Tomball, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2004 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cottmans-Transmissions/Tomball-Texas-77375/Cottmans-Transmissions-Ripoff-Dishonest-False-advertisement-Tomball-Texas-115261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cottman's Transmissions