Complaint Review: counter tops direct

• Web:
  • Category: Kitchens

counter tops direct More like Con Artist Direct chesterfield, Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: Clearing Countertops Direct

In 2010 my husband and I remodeled our kitchen, in which we hired countertops direct to do all of our granite countertops. They turned out beautifully except for the fact that the entire kitchen sink came un-glued from the bottom of the granite top four days ago and is sitting on all the tubing underneath, which is holding the sink up. The sink fell out of nowhere, nothing was in it and rarely is because I use my dishwasher most of the time.

Right away I called countertops Direct to let them know my sink had came un-glued from the countertop inwhich I spoke to Kelly the "manager". She right away told me theres nothing they can do and that it would cost $150 dollars to have someone come out and fix it. I told her "I should not have to pay for this, because this should never have happened" Kelly the "manager"  was VERY rude and never once tried to find a resolution with this problem.

She went on by saying shes never seen that happen before and maybe "your kids were jumping in the sink"  I told her "thats ridiculous, I dont have my kids jumping in the sink." I repeatedly asked for some kind of resolution and her resolution was for me to pay the $150 dollars to repair it. I am so disapointed with countertops direct and will NEVER use them again nor will I recommend them to anyone. I feel like this was their fault, and their mistake and they should be accountable for this issue not me.

At the end of the telephone conversation I asked to speak to the owner about this problem, she said he wasnt in and she would take a message for him. I asked to please have him call me asap. I never recieved that phone call from the owner "Greg" and my sink is still sitting on my tubing underneath. I was treated so unprofessionally personally and as a consumer. Their work may look beautiful at first, but be careful, it will end up falling apart and they will NOT be willing to fix their own mistakes. Shame on you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2011 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/counter-tops-direct/chesterfield-Michigan-48045/counter-tops-direct-More-like-Con-Artist-Direct-chesterfield-Michigan-699056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on counter tops direct

Clearing Countertops Direct

AUTHOR: Countertops Direct - ()

This customer purchased countertops through another company called Select Surfaces NOT Countertops Direct.  We as Countertops Direct offered to come fix the issue for a fee and the customer refused since we did NOT in fact install.