Complaint Review: Countrywide Periodicals

• Reported By: tormentnomore — Anytown California USA
Countrywide Periodicals
737 Us-93 N Hamilton, Montana United States of America

Countrywide Periodicals Periodicals Scam! - Hamilton, Montana Hamilton, Montana

I don't type very well, and since they did the same to me, I know how to cut and paste. This company will call with a very good pitch about receiving magazine subscriptions, and promise a gift of sorts. It's a scam! A few days after I talked to them, I was hit with a charge of $49  Apparently this has happened to many people as I have read.  The only difference with me is they called the day before Christmas, on my cell, while I'm at a company party not particularly enjoying myself. It sounded like a good deal, like "Netflix for magazines" choose any one you want at a substantial savings! When the "three days to cancel" had come up, it included the extra Monday Holiday 12/26/11 !!!

I cancelled my card Wed. 12/28/11 so they couldn't get another payment, and when their papers arrived so I had a number to call, they said I couldn't cancel. I said "I am canceling, I've cancelled my card."

A year later, I'm still getting calls from their "Collection Agencies". I collect the phone numbers from around the country that call without leaving a message. (If someone knows, me they'll say something.) Then I assign the funniest ringtone I can find (crickets) & "Them Again!!!" in my directory, and just turn them off.

They will not get another credit card number for a service they never provided. I suggest you do the same.
Here are those phone numbers for the "Them Again!!!" collection agencies:
* (252) 370 - 9003 * (224) 623 - 8282 * (863) 634-9679 * (956) 249-1578 * (814) 562 - 1253

I'd like to make them sorry they called me. I'll post more numbers as I get them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2012 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Countrywide-Periodicals/Hamilton-Montana-59840/Countrywide-Periodicals-Periodicals-Scam-Hamilton-Montana-Hamilton-Montana-977789. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Countrywide Periodicals