Complaint Review: County of Riverside Animal Shelter

• Updated: Wed, July 17, 2013

• Reported By: K. Bryant — Moreno Valley California
County of Riverside Animal Shelter
6851 Van Buren Bl. Jurupa Valley, California USA

County of Riverside Animal Shelter Brenda V.-Office Assistant 111 Lead, Tonya Ornelas-Vet Tech. Jurupa Valley California

On 7-17-2013 I went to the Riverside County Animal shelter, to surrender my dog, who was picked up as a stray on 7-11.  I wanted my Black lab (very sweet) to find a better home.  The microchip implanted in the dog in February, (date of the original adoption) was traced back to me. I went in to the Riverisde animal shelter, they first made me identify the dog (cruel) and once I told them that I wanted to surrender the dog, ALL the "fees" piled up! $40 for impound fees (acceptable), $105 boarding fees (acceptable), $9 vacinnation, and another $6 vaccination (I was told they were "standard") even though my dog had all of her shots, as she was adopted in February (not complaining, they didnt know).  As I asked to speak to the "supervisor" Brenda V. she stated they can not adopt out this healthy loving animal because I live in another city in Riverside County???? And they would have to Euthanize the animal...of course for another $25!!!  I was OUTRAGED!!!

One would think, a shelter would be the second best place for an animal to be, the first being a loving home, BUT NOT RIVERSIDE COUNTY!!!  My bill came to $185, they could not prove that they even vaccinated the animal, (just because they said so, was supposed to be a good enough answer) and on top of all that, my perfectly healthy, friendly Black Lab was put down??!!!

I will NEVER adopt another animal, ESPECIALLY NOT from the ice cold souls they hire at Riverside County Animal Shelter!!

Sincerely,

Broken Hearted

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2013 04:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/County-of-Riverside-Animal-Shelter/Jurupa-Valley-California-92509/County-of-Riverside-Animal-Shelter-Brenda-V-Office-Assistant-111-Lead-Tonya-Ornelas-Vet-1067887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on County of Riverside Animal Shelter