Complaint Review: Covenant Transport

• Updated: Thu, September 01, 2011

• Reported By: concerned consumer — fort wayne Indiana United States of America
Covenant Transport
Birmingham Hwy Chattanooga, Tennessee United States of America

Covenant Transport CHEAP PAYING TRUCKING COMPANY!! CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!! Chattanooga, Tennessee

*UPDATE Employee: Simple Math

*UPDATE Employee: ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

I worked for Covenant for 11 months.  I started working there when I had 4 mos. experience and I feel that Covenant take advantage of that by paying only 15 cent per mile team driving.  I drove team with my husband and we ran very hard averaging between 4000 to 6500 miles per week.  Our truck constantly rolled.  It was very rear that we sat in truck stops.  I  earned under $19,000 for the year.   My husband had less experience than me and Covenant started him off with 13 cent per miles with full milage of the truck.

I quit after 11 months and my husband just stayed at the cheap company so he earned about $21,000 for the whole year.  The dispatchers are nice, polite, and professional.  But that doesn't mean that much to me when the company will not pay a decent salary.  I felt like a slave working for this company at the end of the year when I realized I only earned under $19,000.  I worked there in 2010.   My husband is a trainer at Covenant now making on average $500 to $1300 gross pay per week so he is satisfied with this company.  Most time he earns $1000 gross pay for the week.  If you want to make good money, do not go to this cheap company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2011 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Covenant-Transport/Chattanooga-Tennessee-/Covenant-Transport-CHEAP-PAYING-TRUCKING-COMPANY-CHEAP-CHEAP-CHEAP-Chattanooga-Tenn-758901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Covenant Transport

Simple Math

AUTHOR: biker - (United States of America)

At the 4k miles a week you give for your low end, you'd make $600/week or $30k for the year with only 2 weeks off. I can run 4k miles a week solo. OK you only stayed 11 months and had home time during that. So you made more than 4k mi/wk. You failed to account for that $.10 was pay and the rest per diem. That wouldn't show as income. So you made almost $19k. Add an other 50% for your per diem. Yeah $600/wl isn't much to live in a rig but you obviously didn't run all that much. Nice try to discredit a company by presenting half truths.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????

AUTHOR: Driverjoe27 - (United States of America)

Your crying because as a ROOKIE you made a rookie wage. Your entire story is B.S.

First off covenant starts STUDENTS (until roughly 2 weeks ago they changed it to a set weekly pay) .14 CPM so there's no way your husband was making .13 CM

Secondly. If you both came to covenant and had less than 6 months experience you would BOTH have to go out with a trainer.

Next by the time you have one year experience (total not just with covenant) you'd be up to .18 CPM.

PLUS you get a safety bonus of .01 CPM paid every quarter.

AND an annual bonus (called longevity bonus) of .01 CPM.

NOW let's look at your numbers. You said you rolled 4000-6500 miles a week for 11 months and only made 19,000????

11 months is 48 weeks....let's call it 40 to account for downtime and home time.

Also let's say 5000 miles a week as a fair average since you claim 4000-6500. AND let's NOT include the pay raises you got OR the safety bonuses (unless of course you were hitting things all the time)

SO. 5000 x .15 is 750.00 x 40 weeks would be 30,000 dollars.

Numbers don't lie....but people do....hint hint.

ALSO. COVENANT PAYS THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER TRAINING COMPANY DOES!!!!!