Complaint Review: Covenant Transport

• Reported By: Beenthere — Campbellsville Kentucky United States of America
Covenant Transport
400 Birmingham Road Chattanooga, Tennessee United States of America

Covenant Transport Discrimination/harassment issues Chattanooga, Tennessee

I worked for Covenant in 1997, under a different name than I currently have. I graduated second in my class from a reputable truck driving school, was pre-hired from school. At orientation, we were ran like cattle through the process, not given time to read the mountains of paperwork given and were put on a truck. My Trainer at first seemed like a good guy, then he began borrowing money from me, wanting to party while on layovers at Chattanooga, and this began to lead to conflicts between us. I covered his behind on s few issues, but got backstabbed in return. Men and women who cannot control their sexual urges and think they can take advantage over trainees who need a job, or they would not be there to begin with, need to not be trainers. Period. I complained to management and was placed with a new trainer, after threatening harassment charges and discrimination. The new trainer was great. My situation is this, I quit the company due to the lack of enforcement of discrimination and harassment policies at the company. After completing my training, I was placed with incompetent people, who did not know how to adjust or slide a trailer for the scales, could not read a road atlas, would not listen to common sense, and tried to create problems at truck stops, showers, checking the truck for safety issues, etc. I have worked non-traditional jobs all of my life, so I'm well versed on what the job was about. I am currently obtaining a Master's degree in Criminal Justice and my current course regards discrimination, harassment in the workplace and the policies regarding such actions or inactions by places I have previously worked. What is the standing policy at Covenant (now) and are they enforced or blown off like they were in 97? Manythanks for responses. (I need this information for a paper I'm writing concerning companies who do not uphold the rights of workers).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Covenant-Transport/Chattanooga-Tennessee-/Covenant-Transport-Discriminationharassment-issues-Chattanooga-Tennessee-868054. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Covenant Transport