Complaint Review: covenant Transport

400 Birmingham HWY Chattanooga, Tennessee United States of America

covenant Transport Violated the HIPAA policy Chattanooga, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: question

*Consumer Comment: My Guess

I was hired by Covenant transport, and left May 7th for orientation. I set through orientation May 9-11. On May 12, I checked in to see if I had been assigned a driver trainer, which I had. % minutes before I left with my trainer, I wsa called by the safety department. I went into speak with them, and they asked why my sleep apnea was not listed on my DOT physical. I explained that I had my physical done before I was diagnosed with sleep apnea.

I never signed a HIPPA release for giving them permission to look into my medical records, and I never told anyone at Covenant that I had sleep apnea. It is mild, and is controlled with the use of a CPAP machine. They subsequently sent me home to get a letter from my doctor stating that I can drive a commercial vehicle with no restrictions. I am very tempted to file a lawsuit against them for violating my right to privacy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/20/2011 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/covenant-Transport/Chattanooga-Tennessee-37419/covenant-Transport-Violated-the-HIPAA-policy-Chattanooga-Tennessee-731560. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on covenant Transport

question

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

How did they get access to your medical records?  That is impossible without your consent.  Medical Records cannot be released from a Physician/Hospital without your written consent.  Also it is HIPAA not HIPPA

My Guess

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

My guess is while making conversation with someone, you mentioned your sleep apena.

It is NOT mild if you need a CPAP Machine.

I am happy that you are not on my roads falling asleep behind the wheel of a big rig.