Complaint Review: Coventry Health Care

• Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By: READY FOR ACTION! — Tampa Florida United States of America
Coventry Health Care
5130 Eisenhower Pkwy Tampa, Florida United States of America

Coventry Health Care Human Resources Retaliates Against Employees Tampa, Florida

Coventry Health Care in Tampa was the worst experience I ever encountered in a work place. The departments varied from one extreme to another to the point where I asked if I was working for the same company. The second and last department I worked in, the Supervisor's were inhuman. I had to report a Supervisor for her loud obnoxious mouth screaming all the time. I heard it wasn't the first time she had been reported. When she screamed at me on my birthday, I had enough and left for the day. This was all due to the computers freezing up constantly and not meeting goals. I have alot of documented proof of weeks of computer issues and visits from the IT dpt. at my desk.

I went to Human Resources the next day only to be sickened even more by the young woman across the desk who said she was disgusted by me leaving and not returning to work yet. She did say she would speak with the Supervisor next. The Human Resources dpt. in two different Tampa locations have alot of "fresh out of college I must prove something in life" type of little girls working there. I was floored by how a Human Resources dpt. would not stick up for people who came to them for help, not to mention how they blamed the victim.

I tried to get out of that dpt. and return to my first dpt. as well as apply & interview for other dpts. as I did not want to leave the company. I was then brought into a meeting by the floor Manager to let me know I cannot transfer out due to my attendance after leaving for 2 days which tipped me overboard. This was said with a smile and slight laugh. I gave my two week notice and they seemed shocked. I went to H.R. and pleaded with them and literally cried at this young girls desk about not being able to transfer back to my old dpt. Now that I have left the company, I feel they are retaliating against me as I have not been able to obtain employment in the Health Care field after timeless interviews.  I believe they are telling prospective employers much much more than allowed by law regardless of my signature on a release form. I am currently working, but not in Health Care.

I would like the advice of an attorney as soon as possible as I have a passion for the Health Care field and I'm having to spend alot of money for training in different areas of Health Care to give me an edge and help me get past Coventry's road block and get hired. I have also recently obtained referral letters from Coventry employees that I worked with to help me get hired as my work in the first dpt.  was impeccable. ATTORNEY REFERRALS & CONSULTATIONS IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA NEEDED.

Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/24/2012 09:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coventry-Health-Care/Tampa-Florida-/Coventry-Health-Care-Human-Resources-Retaliates-Against-Employees-Tampa-Florida-946137. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coventry Health Care