Complaint Review: covington whos who

• Updated: Mon, November 19, 2012

• Reported By: Londis — Edwardsburg Michigan United States of America
covington whos who

covington whos who A Costly Deception That Preys Upon Pride Internet

I was surprised to get a call from their agent  who told me I had been selected  to be included in the Who's who because of my poetry and other writings.  It was a long interview and I assumed it was all free up to the point where I was told  I would be included in their book and program.  Then I was offered a lifetime membership for  an exorbitant amount or a five year for over $500.00.  I said that was too much for me and was offered a special promotion for 278.00.

When asked for my credit card information I hesitated and replied that I didn't feel comfortable giving it.  I was given two phone numbers and other reasons to feel safe about it and told it would not be applied until the following Monday because  it was a weekend.  I released the number and ended the conversation.

As soon as I hung up I  reconsidered (within five minutes).  I called back to cancel and was told the transaction had already went through and I couldn't cancel. So I called my credit company to cancel the transaction.  They withheld payment until they investigated.  About a month later I was contacted by my credit card company and told that They couldn't  cancel it unless I could prove I had tried to cancel the service.  I had no way to do so because it had been done over the phone.

Shame on me for being a sucker.  shame on Covington who's Who for being deceitful.  The services that I received from them are practically valueless and trite.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2012 05:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/covington-whos-who/internet/covington-whos-who-A-Costly-Deception-That-Preys-Upon-Pride-Internet-971211. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on covington whos who