Complaint Review: cowboom.com

• Updated: Mon, April 01, 2013

• Reported By: tony — 24354 Virginia
cowboom.com
7601 Penn Ave S, Richfield, Minnesota United States of America

cowboom.com cowboom Cowboom changed description after purchase did not include items or even a packing list. Richfield Minnesota

Some weeks ago I ran across what seemed to be a good deal for a Wii console from cowboom.com for $39.00.  I visited the site and found the item which was described as black, having some scratches, in working order and that it included the power supply, av cables, and the motion sensor.  It was described as not including the wii mote, jacket, and stand.   I knew that I had spare wiimotes for the other unit I have so I was happy I could purchase this to accompany my kids' other unit.

What seemed like a deal turned into a farce.  The item arrived later than expected.  When it came it appeared to be a black wii, in a box with bubble wrap and no packing list or the items it was described with.  When looking back at the email they sent for the order it clearly had listed it was only the wii and that none of the other items were included.  This was the ol'  point of purchase switcheroo trick played with online shopping.  It's setup to make the customer think he/she made a mistake.

The cowboom online rep would not accept they made any mistake and they did offer a return.  I accepted and they sent me a label.  I am still not happy as I was horsed around by this bunch of bums and am out of my time and lost some sanity over it.

People and companies that make money like this are scum. Not making it right by not shipping the missing contents shows their smug attitude and their willingness to initiate the scam in the first place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/01/2013 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cowboomcom/Richfield-Minnesota-55423/cowboomcom-cowboom-Cowboom-changed-description-after-purchase-did-not-include-items-or-ev-1039742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cowboom.com