- Report: #913166
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: cox communication
cox communication9 J.P. Murphy Highway , West Warwick, Rhode Island United States of America
cox communication cox cable Charged twice for a modem; SaveologyTech scam? , West Warwick, Rhode Island
1. I gave my CC number to the phone rep in order to purchase the modem. I found out later the modem supplier is SaveologyTech in Florida.
2. A few days later my CC number was being used in a Florida Walmart. I don't live in Flordia and have not visited recently, so my fraud alert went off and I canceled the card. Coincidence? Citbank was able to get back the money for the fradulent charges :)
3. I received the modem, it appears to be new and works fine.
4. I sent in my rebate form to SaveologyTech, but have not yet heard back. They said it takes awhile to process. I forgot to get a return receipt on the mail I sent to them (another mistake). I honestly don't expect to see any rebate, but we'll see.
5. Today I notice on my Cox bill they are charging me $80 for a modem. I called them and they took the charge off after I explained the situation. The rep said the deal with the 3rd party company to sell the modems was strange considering they sold modems themselves. She mentioned she had worked with Cox for 7 years and had not heard of this 'deal'.
In summary - when signing up for Cox service be very wary of any 'free' modem deals from 3rd party suppliers, or just avoid them altogether. Someone is running a scam here, and I don't know if it's a company-wide scam at Cox or a few employees on the inside doing this. Be careful!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2012 06:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cox-communication/-West-Warwick-Rhode-Island-02893-2381/cox-communication-cox-cable-Charged-twice-for-a-modem-SaveologyTech-scam-West-Warwick-913166. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.