Complaint Review: cox communications

• Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — phoenix Arizona United States of America
cox communications
phoenix, Arizona United States of America

cox communications cox internet cox cable high speed internet false Adult PPV charges phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Suggestions

Ever since I upgraded to a HD box on December of 2010, I since then been charges 13 adult movies to my bill. 4 of these movies were purchased on Christmas eve. Christmas eve!! are you serious. This is a red flag to me. At this point after talking with several CSR over the phone, I feel like canceling my services with cox. I'm 100% percent sure My family nor I have order PPV, especially adult movies. We have internet as well. If i wanted to watch Adult material I would do it for free online. All this does not add up. The CSR has offer to credit 6 back to the account, but I'm still responsible for the rest. This is not fair. This is my last attempt to rectify the situation until i cancel my services and go with their competitors. I do not feel I should pay for something I am 100% sure we did not do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2011 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cox-communications/phoenix-Arizona-85043/cox-communications-cox-internet-cox-cable-high-speed-internet-false-Adult-PPV-charges-pho-684223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cox communications

Suggestions

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

How are you 100% sure?

There are acouple ofpossibilities.

Someone in your house is actually ordering the PPV movies. A good test for this is to set up your Parental Controls where you can require a PIN number to order any PPV movies. If you already set one up..CHANGE IT. Then when you are sure you are the only one with the PIN see if the charges don't go away. If they do go away you can be pretty sure that it was someone in your house.

Every single box has a unique ID, this is how they determine what account actually ordered the movies. While not likely another possibilityis that if when you got this box you turned in another box that box never got fully cleared from your account. If this is the case if someone else got your old box they could be the one actually ordering the movies. It may take you going back to them and having them run a history on your equipment to make sure that what they show you have is actually what you have.

This also may go the "other" way. In that your box is still tied somehow to another account. A good test for this is to see if you are getting channels you are not ordering. An example of this is if you don't subscribe to HBO and you are getting HBO, you can be pretty sure that the box may not be correctly set to your account.