Complaint Review: COX Communications

COX Communications
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

COX Communications False pay per view charges Phoenix, Arizona

*UPDATE Employee: Re: Billing Concerns

Below is the comment I sent to Cox Communications...

I just spoke with a customer service representative for an explanation as to why my bill was so high (had not received the paper bill - just noticed amount on the internet which is not detailed)

The  CSR informed me the reason the bill was so high was because of a WWE pay per view we purchased. After informing her that WE DID NOT PURCHASE THIS, she informed me, "that's impossible" that it has to be ordered through the remote, a pin code must then be entered and then several questions must be answered to be sure you want to purchase. As I have never ordered pay per view myself, I took her at her word.

Upon telling her that there are only two of us that live here and neither one of us purchased this, she suggested perhaps a neighbor or friend was over and accessed it. I assured her that was not the case.

I told her I have to dispute this.

The CSR then offered to meet me half way and credit back half the cost. However, she would then need to block pay per view and I could only access it in the future by contacting a rep by phone and be charged each time I did this.

I WANT THIS TAKEN OFF MY BILL. I WILL NOT PAY FOR SOMETHING I DID NOT PURCHASE! I am switching to Direct TV. I've also posted this comment on http://www.ripoffreport.com/Internet-Service-Providers/Cox-Communications/cox-communications-ripoff-cox-e56j8.htm

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2010 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COX-Communications/Phoenix-Arizona-/COX-Communications-False-pay-per-view-charges-Phoenix-Arizona-611305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COX Communications

Re: Billing Concerns

AUTHOR: Coxtech1 - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I apologize for any inconvenience this billing issue has caused.  If you need further assistance getting this matter resolved you can email me at hrd-hsi.newsgroups@cox.com and I would be happy to look into this matter further for you.

--CoxTech1