Complaint Review: cox communications

• Submitted: Thu, February 21, 2002
  • Updated: Sat, July 07, 2012

• Reported By:chesapeake va
cox communications
po box 62549 virginia beach, virginia U.S.A.

cox communications what kind of service is this?

*General Comment: Get a clue

*Consumer Suggestion: Not a Rebuttal...Just Advice - Call Tommy and Rumble!!!

Sept.27,01 a digital cable line was installed at my house.everything was done right before the installation Miss Utility came out marked the land 3 times because it took 3 months for COX to come out to install a digital cable line.The day of installation everything seemed finebut within a week problems started.

I have two houses on on property an one power source coming to my house and from my house a 220 power line going to my mothers house.The electric line going to my 82 year old mothers house was cut when the installation went in.The immediate response from COX was total denial.I called out virginia power they said nothing was wrong with the power coming into the house.I then checked the power at the my house then my mothers,full power was at my house and half power at my mothers.

I called back to the people representing COX and they finally came out.HUbbard utilities who installed the cable were there an admitted it was there faultand demarco electric went ahead and installed a temp line.They both assured me I would be back to normal by the following friday.This never happened the chase began.

The next two months promises were made and broken 4 to 5 times by customer service and COX service.camilla in customer service assured me 3 times I would not be involved the problem would be taken care of,it never was.She turned me over to her supervisor a SEAN DONAHUE . One of his first questions was don't you know where your electric lines are in your yard.He at some point admitted fault an was going to have the electrican come back an repair the problem. The next day SEAN DONAHUE went as far as to send an electrican out to do the repairs.As the electrican was getting ready to finally do the work he got a cll to leave he was not getting paid.SEAN DONAHUE told me it was my problem an I had insurance use it.

I went higher at this point to a Mr.BAUER'S office spoke to a lady named Shannon who turned me over to HIEDI HAMILL.MS.HAMILL listened to my story an promised to get back within a day or two.One week later I had to chase her down to get an answer an again it was thereb is nothing I can do.

The next few months I have approached VIRGINIA REGULATORY bureau,Virginia pilot.and three TV stations none of these would go against the monopoly.COX advertises with all these stations an the paper why would I expect them to do anything.

What am I to do,I still have half power to my mothers house with a dangerous line laying across my yard.For some reason COX thinks I am going to use my insurance have my rates go up,an shell out 1500 dollars to do the repairs.Where do I go from here.
Ken
chesapeake, verginia

Click here to read other Rip-off Reports on COX Communications

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cox-communications/virginia-beach-virginia-23466/cox-communications-what-kind-of-service-is-this-14788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cox communications

#1 General Comment

Get a clue

AUTHOR: Tech - (United States of America)

Cox did NOT bury your line. A contractor buried a line and cut into your other power line correct? This is not Coxs' issue. It's between you and the one who buried the line, and cut your other line. PERIOD! Quit blaming Cox for an issue that is a non issue with them. They can't baby sit people for what they do. Common sense. Use it.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Not a Rebuttal...Just Advice - Call Tommy and Rumble!!!

AUTHOR: Pamela - ()

I'm sure that if you live in Chesapeake you have heard of FM99's morning personalities, Tommy and Rumble. If not, you should tune in to 98.7 and check them out. Give them a call and tell them your story. I doubt they are afraid of Cox Communications as they speak freely about other large companies as well...and they do have a HUGE following!
I think it's worth a try.

involves