Complaint Review: Coyote Classics

• Submitted: Sun, July 12, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By:American Canyon California
Coyote Classics
702 N 1st. Ste. 1 Greene, Iowa U.S.A.

Coyote Classics Grossly over stated car condition & told direct lies in answering specific questions I presented Greene Iowa

* : A Fool & His Money

September of 2008 I purchased a 1955 Ford Customline 2 door sedan that I found on the Coyote Classics web site. I had been searching for this model year for several months hoping to replace a motorcycle that I can no longer ride due to disabilities.

The sell price was appx. $10,999. After researching values I offered less than $10,000, & settled on $10,300.
The actual purchase took 3 or 4 months, as I wanted to make certain that I was not going to be burned in my selection of this 55 Ford.

The seller posted many photos of the car which I studied carefully for hours every day. There were several items in particular that I found troublesome.

In every instance I asked for explanations. In every instance the explanations given turned out to be bold faced lies. This car was claimed to be a great running car & a show winner. The list of glaring flaws is lengthy, but a few of the worst are as follows:

Engine is powerless & smokes heavily
Transmission wines & clunks
Paint is poor amateur quality at best, full of horrible patches, runs, overspray, & chips.

Upholstery consists of cheap seat covers over broken down springs, several tears, & a near comical headliner installation.

I have been able to drive the car far less than 100 miles since I got it, & it sets in my garage broken down again as I write.

Trim pieces, emblems, armrests, sunvisors, air breather, trunk liner, bumper jack, usable spare, & bumper guards are missing.

Visible rust at the rocker panels & along the roof lines continue to cause destruction. Gaps on panels & doors seem to indicate a front end crash in it's past
The bumpers are both rusted & apparently sprayed with paint in an effort to cover.

The front crossmember is rusted through, steering is very sloppy, & brakes are bad.

All of these items were explained as normal for a car this old. All of this after I was assured that the cosmetic items were bad camera lighting & mechanically it was perfect. Prior to discovering that this car is way, way, way, worse than described I accepted appx. $700. from seller in order to pick up missing trim & misc. parts. I was to quit complaining & leave Coyote alone. A year later knowing that I have been totally ripped off I must make every effort to remedy the situation.

Wife is recently unemployed & as I was at the purchase time I am disabled.

This owner (Mr. Chad Austin) knew my dire financial & medical situation & not unlike the Madoffs of the world he allowed greed to disrupt my life, empty my life savings & cause repurcussions far beyond anything I imagined.

American Canyon, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2009 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Coyote-Classics/Greene-Iowa-50636-7707/Coyote-Classics-Grossly-over-stated-car-condition-told-direct-lies-in-answering-specific-468845. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Coyote Classics

A Fool & His Money

AUTHOR: Eddie - (U.S.A.)

My Mistake.

I posted the complaint & proceeded with my efforts to warn the world.

What I failed to mention is vital to this report.

I bought this car sight unseen, in spite of all warnings against doing so.

I never even had it inspected by an expert.

No 2 men will always agree on what exactly constitues a good car from bad. Especially in the field of collector cars.

I was a fool with money, & I must now pay the price.

Do not believe only 1 side of stories, as all do truly have 2 sides.

I can't say with any certaintity that Coyote Classics intentionally sold me a car that is  beyond repair.

I suggest that one should form their own opinions regarding anything anyone has to say about another. I have nothing more than my opinion. I made the mistake & now I will pay.

If interested in buying a collector car, or anything...Please do as the experts say. Make sure you can afford it & make absolutely certain that you personally inspect your item prior to squandering your cash.