Complaint Review: CPI CORP

• Updated: Tue, June 05, 2012

• Reported By: Kendra — Mobile Alabama United States of America
Mobile, Alabama United States of America

CPI CORP Picture Me Portrait Studio Users, careless, and cruel Mobile, Alabama

I have worked for the company in 2008 - 2009. I went back Dec 2011 right before Christmas. I was getting all the hours I needed. Then in Feb 2012 Business was slow so they Curr my hours to 3 days a week. My DM had to go on medical leave so we had DM in training. In March 2012 my 4 year old son had to have a dental procedure done. I asked the DM in training if I could take off that Friday Saturday and Sunday bc he was gonna be in pain and his face would be swollen. She told me I couldn't and they need me at work. So I called around myself and got someone to work for me. She decided to not only give me those days off but a whole week off. I asked to be put on schedule and she told me thus would give me all the time I needed for my baby and hung up the phone in my face. After we just had family dinner together outside if work and she was telling me how she gates her job and how the company does her, now she wants to have the big head and do it to others! I feel like nothing comes before my son so I quit.

A week later she called me crying asking me to come back bc she had to drive an hour to cover that studio. So I went back bc I needed that money. Still working 3 or 4 days. The studio closes on Tuesday and Wednesdays due to no business. I start to work 3 days, 2 days, than 1 day a week. My last work day was April 19. I went by the studio in may to see who was there. One of the Co workers said she was the manager. After they told me they were gonna make me a manager.not only that but the original DM was back and told her that she fired me. So I filed for unemployment. After a couple of Weeks. I get a text message from the DM asking me why I haven't told her I have not been on schedule. Any other time I don't have to call to get put on schedule and I told her that the other employee said I was fired and she said that girl was lying. I told get she knew I was not working bc she has to confirm the schedule and I have not been working for a month. She apologize and tried to get me to come back but I feel like if you keep playing around with people income and just let them do what ever to yoy they will keep doing it. Now its June 2012.

I'm trying to get the human resource department number so I can get my foods stamps paper filled out. She gave me a website address and told me I can find whatever I need there. It cost about $40 to get the information I need. Then she said sorry I can't help. You are the DM you know youcan get that number for me. But thus suppose to be the best company to work for. Yeah if you don't care about your life or your income. Or if you are used to people doing yoy any kind of way. I will never work for this company again if my life depends on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2012 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPI-CORP/Mobile-Alabama-/CPI-CORP-Picture-Me-Portrait-Studio-Users-careless-and-cruel-Mobile-Alabama-893077. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPI CORP