• Report: #671963

• Updated: Sun, January 23, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — waterford Michigan USA
CPI CORP
435 N.Telegraph waterford, Michigan United States of America

CPI CORP Sears portrait studio Violated rights,Discrimination waterford, Michigan

*UPDATE Employee: I FEEL YOUR PAIN-FRED WANISKA REGIONAL DIRECTOR TX AND JIM MATTOX-PICTURE ME ABUSERS!!!

I am still employed with CPI corp as a photographer for Sears and have been for over 2 years..I am 8months pregnant and have been treated wrongfully sense my boss was fired 2 months ago.We got a new boss who needed a hand written in ink note for everything I was unable to do...or it was my obligation.Things like...climbing a 6ft ladder to change tracking lights on our 15ft cieling.Now wouldnt you think that to be common sense and general decency not to make the pregnant woman do? I got her all her notes.I had to have one from every apointment,even one that restricted my hours to only 8 a day,cause she was making me work up to 10hrs a day by myself.That made her mad so she cut my hours down to 5hrs a week TOPS! And Im the Assistant Manager! Well it got even worse.I am having a high risk pregnancy which means 2~3 doctor apts a week,which are subject to change up to the day of.She made a rule specifically for me that I had to personally pick up my schedule(I live 45min.away) which is against policy and just singleing me out.And told not only our associates but had them recite to CUSTOMERS who asked for me.."She is having alot of medical problems,not showing up and is going to be fired soon" ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! that right there is a violation of the H.I.P.A.A law defamation of character and slander! I went straight to HR after customers were face booking me about it,and all they said was that my manager would be talked to.I am completely embarrassed to return but my only other option is to resign and I WILL NOT QUIT.I wish I could take this farther but I dont know where to go from here.SEARS PORTRAIT STUDIO AND CPI is a HORRIBLE company to work for! They rip off customers big time and dont respect their employees personal rights.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/15/2010 05:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPI-CORP/waterford-Michigan-/CPI-CORP-Sears-portrait-studio-Violated-rightsDiscrimination-waterford-Michigan-671963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPI CORP

AUTHOR: burnsmeup - (USA)

I have worked for and personally observed the complete abuse of hourly employees, and salaried employees for this company. There is a CLASS ACTION SUIT currently pending, and the higher ups are in a frenzy! Continual conf calls from upper management to cover up, lie, and get rid of anyone who might be a good witness. FRED WANISKA, THE REGIONAL DIRECTOR IN TEXAS, HAS A CRIMINAL RECORD IN COLLIN COUNTY FOR DISRUPTING A 911 CALL FROM HIS WIFE AS HE WAS ABUSING HER. THE COURT TRANSCRIPTS ARE PUBLIC RECORD. HE HAS HAD CHARGES FROM FORMER EMPLOYEES ABOUT SEXUAL HARRASSMENT, BUT THIS WAS ALL SWEPT UNDER THE RUG BY JIM MATTOX AND ADELLA IN HR.Hmmm....yet this is the type of person CPI choses to lead the LARGEST Region in the company. The Regional Director in Arizona also worked for Jim Mattox in the past at PCA, before he was fired for NUMEROUS SEXUAL HARRASSMENT COMPLAINTS. But when CPI purchased PCA out of a bankruptcy, Mattox brought his "good 'ole boy" back to run Arizona and Nevada. I've seen, heard, and witnessed calls, photos, and text messages exchanged between many of the upper management joking and teasing about the "larger women" working for the company. I have made complaints to Adella in HR, but everything gets lost, or overlooked, with the proof. The class action coming up is in numerous states, and more people need to jump on board in every state. I hope the people whom have been terminated will hear of it, they will make excellent witnesses, and CPI will be paying out BIG for the uncompensated work time. I also hope the corruption and cover-ups are seen by the Board and soon. RD, Fred Waniska talks about being a Team, then laughs and boasts about his wife who is terminally ill, and the life insurance he will be collecting. There are several of us who hear him talk to us or on the phone about how she is suffering, and deserves it. THAT IS PLAIN SICK. I hope he gets reported so the State or CPI can check and see if she is ok or being tended to. HE HAS BEEN OUT OF HIS MIND TO DISCUSS SUCH HORRIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES, AND IT IS CLEAR THIS SICKO SHOULDN'T BE MANAGING ANYONE. He takes pleasure in scareing people and degrading people. I AM GOING TO TRY AND FIND HIS WIFE AND 3YR OLD DAUGHTER AND SEE IF THEY ARE OK, BECAUSE THOSE OF US WHO WORK FOR HIM ARE NOT, AND THE COMPANY DOESNT CARE. Everything gets trashed and oredered to be covered up. This company is going to take some BIG financial hits, and many of us wont be keeping quiet about it any longer.

GOOGLE CPI CLASS ACTION LAW AND IT WILL TELL YOU THE LAWFIRM TO CALL!