Complaint Review: CPMatrix

• Reported By: Matt — Saint Louis Missouri
CPMatrix
9311 N FM 620 AUSTIN, TX 78726-4129 austin, Texas USA

CPMatrix CPMatrix Screwed me out of $175 Austin Texas

I was looking for a good used laptop on ebay when I came across a listing for a Dell that looked to be in great shape, and it was loaded with software that I could really use.  I had done a lot of research and wanted to make sure I made the best choice I could with the limited funds available.  I decided to buy from CPMatrix.

The laptop arrived about a week later, poorly packaged and that was just a sign of things to come.  When I powered up the laptop, the first thing I noticed was that MS office was nowhere to be found.  Next I tried to log on with IE and could not stay online for more than a few minutes before it froze.  Next, I tried to install printer software, and that was a bust too.

I immediately began emailing CPMatrix.  Many of the responses were in broken english, and difficult to understand.  First they told me to download IE9 or 10, so I tried that.  Not being very computer savy, it took me a few minutes to figure out that windows xp is not compatible with IE 9 or 10.  I sent him a message wth the results of my attempted fix and he said I did not know what I was talking about.

Next, he said he would send me a product key to download office from the internet.  His key proved to be worthless, and he claimed not to know why.

He said that he was afrid that the hard drive may be faulty, and that I should send it to him.  I wanted the computer to be replaced or my money to be refunded.  He refused.

A few months later, the hard drive crashed.  After several emails, he agreed to replace the HD for free, so I sent him the old one.  Two weeks passed with no reply, then he sent me a message saying that because of hardware failure he could not send the ms office and that I could pay him for a new hard drive.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2013 05:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPMatrix/austin-Texas-78726/CPMatrix-CPMatrix-Screwed-me-out-of-175-Austin-Texas-1107496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPMatrix