Complaint Review: cps

• Updated: Wed, April 23, 2014

• Reported By: cj371 — Houston Texas United States of America
cps
Houston, Texas United States of America

cps child protective custody grandmother that can't have her grandchildren based on felony background 4 to 10 years old Houston, Texas

*General Comment: Seriously

*General Comment: first

i am a grandmother of 3 beautiful children that was taken from their parents because one was on pills and the other one was already in jail for assault on someone other than a family member. i was yes in jail for a drug possession that many times i asked for help and couldn't get until in 2007 i got def. adj probation for 4 years.  went to rehab. finished went to intensive out patient completed graduated court and got off of probation 1 year early recieved documentation on this and the cps case worker will not even talk to me, she said that because of my record whether i was able to turn my life around it did not matter i still could not have my grandchildren there is nobody else to help with these children and i will do anything and abide by any rules and regulations to get these children back into the family.  as i was in state jail in 2001 and 2002 i went to changes classes, parenting classes, and others i am now in college fixing to graduate with my associates degree in criminal justice going on for my bachelor's degree at university of Phoenix but does this matter to cps how i have changed and my own children are trying to help as well, they helped me attend all my meetings, took me to court appearences, but still cps does not care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2011 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/cps/Houston-Texas-/cps-child-protective-custody-grandmother-that-cant-have-her-grandchildren-based-on-felon-722495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on cps

#1 General Comment

Seriously

AUTHOR: justice - ()

Wow I don't know who you are but obviously you have never experienced the pain this grandmother has. Who are you to judge? This can happen to anyone including you if you have grandchildren. I am not perfect but i cannot see my grandchildren. This woman should be commend for her efforts. The system is not always about what is in the best interest of the children! I did nothing but try and help my son & grandlids including reporting them.

#2 General Comment

AUTHOR: Ravenslvr - (U.S.A.)

University of Phoenix is not a real college. It is essentially a scam and holds no real standing in the academic community.2nd, I do give you credit for turning your life around I really do. Clearly though, your child and his/her spouse follwed in your footsteps. I can see why CPS would want the children removed. There seems to be a pattern of abuse in your family and anythign to protect the children is the right thing. 2007 was not long ago and you haven't been clean long enough to really prove that you have changed your life around. If you want to argue 2001-2002, same thing. Not that long ago. A lot of inmates take classes in jail for lack of anything else to do.

Why are your children having to take you to your court appearences? Meetings? Are you not responsible enough to handle this? I would take the kids too and put them in a safe, clean environment where they will not be exposed to the toxins created by your family