Complaint Review: CPS

• Updated: Mon, September 05, 2011

• Reported By: bgorda — houston Texas United States of America
CPS
Avenue E Rosenberg, Texas United States of America

CPS No abuse, No neglect, CW admitted from day1 - but still being harassed/threatened Rosenberg, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Rally Against CPS

Am battling a false complaint of child abuse, neglect, and medical neglect. Even the complaint admits the kids are not in danger. CPS worker admitted day1 (as well as CPS contracted psych) that there was no danger to me or my kids.  1 Missed doctors appt (7 mos prior) does not constitute neglect (esp when the dr office controlled the schedule and cancel appt).   Permitted the routine interview, home visit, etc.  Was told again, no problem, expect letter of closure within a week.  Months go by- no letter, no return calls, no response to my letters....then a call saying they need to see kids again AND the case wasn't closed because they were busy and had not verified info/docs provided at onset=====they didn't do their jobs in timely manner.   So now I have to wear a label, and have my name and character tarnished along with DECREASED earning potential forever!

Attempts to meet with supervisor - unfruitful. Schedule first excuse, then downright just refuse to come talk, but could talk the CW through answering my questions over the phone.  They dont want to talk to me in presence of witnesses - only alone.  Don't want to submit their requests in writing to avoid confusion - only verbal.

I contacted the state ombudsman office for status.  Took a while, they finally write back - they had the local supervisor review the case - and apparrently, I refuse to cooperate and refuse to complete a family plan  (one that I've not written, seen, or ever been presented with).
Response from ombudsman - they have not closed the case because I refuse to cooperate with the investigation, and refuse to complete their family plan.

This agency has lied from day1.  Even the "anonymous" complaint says "the Kids are not in any danger" and then focused on everything wrong with me.  They are very clearly out of line, operating illegally, frauding the govt, and now trying to "create" a case on me to justify the govt funds AND cause I dont have attorney money to fight it.

PS - before getting sick and on disability - I worked full time in govt, law enforcement, and education.  I know how agencies manipulate data.  My protecting our constiutional rights (and thus our family unit) should not result in lifelong cruel and unusual punishment of stigma, denied certain jobs, and limited advancement when I do get back to work.  (which by the way - I was planning for this year until all this happened and redirected my focus from my healthcare, to trying to deal with this)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2011 06:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CPS/Rosenberg-Texas-/CPS-No-abuse-No-neglect-CW-admitted-from-day1-but-still-being-harassedthreatened-Ros-773195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CPS

Rally Against CPS

AUTHOR: Marie - ()

League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) will be having a rally to help families who suffer from the abusive activities of CPS. LULAC helps individuals and families who are experiencing civil rights violations within judicial, criminal and social administrators. We are asking for anyone who has experienced abusive acts by CPS to attend this rally and get informed about your civil rights.

Join us to stop the abuse of power by CPS.

Rally Details

Rally will be on Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Rally begins at 7:30 am to 10:00 am

At the Cadena-Reeves Courthouse

300 Dolorosa, San Antonio, Texas 78205

(back entrance at the corner of Nueva St. and So. Flores)

marielulac@hushmail.com