Complaint Review: CR England

• Submitted: Thu, August 16, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By:Liberty Kentucky
CR England
4701 West 2100 South West Valley City, Utah U.S.A.

CR England Allowed an employee to rape my wife... said they were going to do nothing about it!!! West Valley City Utah

*General Comment: This is not the first incident

*Consumer Comment: A question

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: oops

*UPDATE Employee: Another Sic Mind

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The trucking industry has been the dumping ground for those that cannot thrive in normal society, and a truck driving job for them represents food and shelter....is bulls**t

*Consumer Comment: Don't stand up 4 CREngland

*General Comment: Thanks for my pre-employment education

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: This happened when I was in the yard for repairs

*General Comment: read 3rd paragraph

*UPDATE Employee: Garry - Kearns (U.S.A.) READ THIS!

*UPDATE Employee: What is this? RAPE Come on

*Consumer Suggestion: It shouldn't happen to anyone...

*Consumer Comment: This should not happen to a woman!!

Let me preface this by saying I'm NOT one of the school graduates of CRE nor am I an inexperienced driver. I have been driving over-the-road for over thirty years and have seen my share of good as well as bad companies. I'm not going to make a judgment here about CR England as a company...I'll leave that up to you.
I sighned on with England three weeks ago because my wife and I decided it was time for her to get her CDL. After researching, we decided that CRE had about the best traing program (at least from what their literature says).

I went through orientation and she went to school. After a week of orientation (with no orientation pay!!), I signed a lease on a truck (the only way I could be her trainer after school), and off I went, planning to pick her up after getting her CDL.

A week later I got a call from her saying she was at the hospital and had been raped. I emediately called my DM and asked for a load back to Salt Lake City and told him why. Now comes the good part.

The person who raped her was a "greeter and trainer" (at least that's what he claimed to be). I haven't got a straight answer out of England as what he actually does except that he is a driver.

Being a student, she was not allowed to be out in the truck parking areas, so when this man (and I use the term lightly) told her he would take her out to the truck to give her some practice shifting she informed him that she wasn't allowed. He was sitting behind the security counter with the guard at the time and the guard told her it would be OK. Let me repeat, the security guard said that it was OK for her to go out to his truck for a few minutes.

Somewhere along the way the security cameras for the parking lots were turned of at this same time. Quite a coincidence!!! Almost as soon as she was in his truck he raped her.

I'm not going to get into the graphic details here, But you get my point. She was told by security (the same one that turned off the cameras?) not to call the police, that they would handle it.

Now comes the kicker...I got back into the yard today and went into the office to find out what was going on. I was basically told that it was none of my business and that CR England would be doing nothing at all about it. According to them, there was no evidence that any crime had been committed.

Needless to say that today was my last day working for them. I can't wait for them to try to come after me for the lease payments and school tuition. They aren't the only ones with lawyers (as they will soon find out).

Terry
Liberty, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2007 08:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CR-England/West-Valley-City-Utah-84120/CR-England-Allowed-an-employee-to-rape-my-wife-said-they-were-going-to-do-nothing-about-268119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CR England

#1 General Comment

This is not the first incident

AUTHOR: GinaPocan - (USA)

Terry, I wish there was a way to make a connection with your wife. The same thing happened to me, except it was my actual Trainer. I reported, I did all the necessary things I needed to do to resolve this but all was done in vein. Their money spoke louder then my rights.
Here is a link to my report back in 2004.
Regina's Story

I do hope the link works.  Thanks Terry for speaking up. Your wife is lucky to have somebody concerned the way you are. Keep fighting the big fight. Maybe you'll have better results.

A question

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I am not a trucker nor do I know anything about this company.

My only question is - what did the police say or do when you or your wife called them right away?  Did they have the hospital do some investigations and/or tests?

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

oops

AUTHOR: luvindolphins - (United States of America)

I was quoting what one of the bitches said about truckers...instead of slamming CR England she(hr) started slamming trucke driver in general anyone whi thinks all truckers are sick...are sicker themselves...they ccouldn't hack the hard work

Another Sic Mind

AUTHOR: Garry - (U.S.A.)

How did this moreon get on this?

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: luvindolphins - (United States of America)

WOW! that was a sh***y statement...not all truck drivers are bad...you would not have the food or clothing and anything else you have in your home if it was not for truckers...I agree CR England is a bad company...but you should be ashamed of that comment.

This is a hard job/life...but needed in our society

Don't stand up 4 CREngland

AUTHOR: noligney - (United States of America)

Don't be standing up for CREngland... They don't care about anyone

but themselves.  And yes the hospital (if) would have contacted the

police. Depending on when the occurance happened.  I was at England

for re: my husband...  Most there can give 2 shits about any body, except if

they get chance to brainwash you into their "program" that litterally makes

you BROKE, and WORKING for FREE.

#7 General Comment

Thanks for my pre-employment education

AUTHOR: Hargus C. Sweeney - (United States of America)

I found Rip-Off Report after I signed up with a credit card processing company. Some of the stories reflected my own experiences and some were obviously over the top. The rebuttals from company people were along the lines of the same "scripts" we were encouraged to use in the high pressure sales industry

I am also to the point of desparation in this economy and since May I have only been offered jobs by credit card processing and trucking companies. I drove 40 years ago as an illegal teenager delivering piggy back rigs from Pontiac, MI to Orlando for a GMC dealer. Piggy backs were never stopped at weigh stations, at least back then. I then served our country, then I was a common laborer then started a business. Last May my phone stopped ringing after 31 years and while I have plenty of assets to sell, no one's buying.

Since I had once enjoyed trucking and the independence it brought, I also realized I was only 16 at the time. I have learned a lot about the trucking industry from just this one website and the uncut comments it allows.

The first trucking company to contact me offered me a picture of the procedures very much along the lines that I have learned here. But my recruiter's picture was much prettier. The second recruiter gave me a similar scenario. I do not believe the details of every complaint I've reviewed here about the trucking industry but I do think I have a much more accurate picture than the one painted by these recruiters.

The rape allegations do not surprise me because a few of my own female employees used that ruse to gain some leverage on pay and benefits. None of them ever went to the police and none ever sued the accused male employees. I fired them for other reasons when they gave me a chance because I know the climate my business operated in.

The accusations in these pages coincide with some of the feminist rhetoric usually found when women can't make the grade in a man's industry. A foul mouth and a pissy attutude do not make a woman a man. It makes them a Jr. High School kid. You shouldn't be surprised if you're treated that way.

This was the first question I asked my first recruiter because the company specialized in team driving. Will I be paired with a woman? He said he couldn't put it in writing due to federal discrimination law but I could refuse any partner. I believe him because the federal law forces companies to do some of the stupid things talked about here. But after reviewing these pages I know he's lying to me. If I refuse a partner they can penalize me for refusing a load. They can cover themselves with that same federal law. So thanks to Rip-Off Report, I will not sign up with a team company.

I am also better prepared to ask questions since I'm still considering trucking. I am now using this sight as an educational tool rather than a complaint forum.

I will also refuse to work for a union company. Some of the comments in other complaints seem to think that unions are the answer to some of the legitimate abuses I believe happened. But a union is nothing more than a ponzi sceme and you only win if you get out before the pyramid falls. Once it does your pension as well as your company goes away. I'm sure many of the writers here have driven thriough the rust belt. Do you know what caused it? When union bosses promise you the moon, make sure they've brought it down here and put it in storage. Otherwise, when it's time to collect, they'll point to it and tell you it's all yours. The best act of protest to abuse is with your feet. It would be even less devistating to do your homework first. This is a good place to do it.

I suppose I'll continue to scope these pages looking for the best of the bad companies. And if any of them stood by while my wife was raped, I'd be in jail because the rapist would be six feet under and a few suprvisors would be in the hospital.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

This happened when I was in the yard for repairs

AUTHOR: cr england sucks - (U.S.A.)

A husband was talking to us when he got a phone call and the wife said she wanted to quit because the driver trainer was forcing her to have sex with him and she was afraid he was going to kill her. allegedly England was notified and instead of having the driver arrested wherever he was they had her drive back with him and then fired him. they put this poor woman life in jeopardy just to get the load back to the yard for t-call.

#9 General Comment

read 3rd paragraph

AUTHOR: whitehaired123 - (United States of America)

First of all I do not advocate rape in any way.  No woman should be forced to have sex.

If you read the third paragraph the husband says his wife calls him from the hospital.  Hmmm, isn't it common practice for hospitals to call police in cases of rape?  Why wouldn't she have been tested for dna?

Either she is lieing to the husband or this is a ficticious report aimed at hurting cr England.

Maybe it's the husband that needs to be sued by cr England.

I'd like to see the victim take a polygraph test in the case of the rape.  The husband can do this privately for about $375.

Garry - Kearns (U.S.A.) READ THIS!

AUTHOR: 2-clean-4 CRE - (USA)

YOU SIR, MUST BE VERY, VERY BLIND AND/OR A LIAR TOO!

I'VE HEARD OF SEVERAL RAPE(S) BY DRIVER/TRAINERS OF CR ENGLAND AS WELL AS INTIMIDATION, FRAUD, REDACTING FEDERAL DOCUMENTS, MAIL FRAUD, TAX FRAUD AND TAX EVASION, LABOR LAW VIOLATIONS GALORE. AND HOW ABOUT FEDERAL DOT VIOLATIONS CONDUCTED BY SAID COMPANY. BY NOW THEY SHOULD BE UNDER THE SCOPE OF SEVERAL STATE & FEDERAL DEPARTMENTS WHICH WILL/ARE DIGGING DEEP AND HOPEFULLY SHUT THEM DOWN.

GODLY PEOPLE MY A**!!!!        MAYBE, FOR THREE HOURS EVERY SUNDAY-THAT'S IT.

SO, YOU SIR SHOULD BE OUT JOB HUNTING OR HEAD FOR THE HILLS IF BY COINCIDENT YOU TOO FIT ANY OF THE ABOVE!

What is this? RAPE Come on

AUTHOR: Garry - (U.S.A.)

This is totally out of proportion. I and I know of many, many employees of CR. England that would of walked up on something like this allegation we would of stopped it and would of called the police our selves.

The company did not rape your wife. If your wife was even raped as claimed then it would of been the result of an individual. There is just no way the company justify's this type cruel criminal behavior and you know it.

I must ask what the true story is and not one of fabrication. For the record I am not a manager, I am not related to the England family. To be honest about it I have only met 1 family member to date since I have worked here almost 2 years now. We are a very well groomed company that are coed in all departments. Both sex's respect each other and are great people to know. This includes the drivers too.

#12 Consumer Suggestion

It shouldn't happen to anyone...

AUTHOR: Will - (U.S.A.)

If what the original poster said was true, by God I hope you sue the living sh*t out of them, and then, with patience...wait...then, discreetly have the s****. />
Take care of your wife.

Peace.

AUTHOR: Anthony - (U.S.A.)

First off, I want to express my deepest sympathies for what you and your wife has gone through. It should not have happened.

Let this be a warning to anyone that is thinking of placing your life and career in any company that would allow something like this to happen, and I absolutely believe it happened. It is not the first time I have heard of it. Any company that would place a woman with a male trainer, is simply asking for something like this to happen.

There are many fine people who work in the trucking industry, and there are also more than our share of misfits as well. The trucking industry has been the dumping ground for those that cannot thrive in normal society, and a truck driving job for them represents food and shelter.

I do hope that you plan to go after CR England with everything you have. Please contact an Attorney for assistance. Contact OOIDA for referral to an Attorney if you are unable to secure one on your own. I think they will be glad to help you.

Start immediately by calling the police and filing a report of the rape in the jurisdiction where this happened. A crime was committed, and the man who raped your wife deserves to pay for that crime.

CR England is a horrible company, and this has been known to many of us that are attempting to expose companies like this for the misdeeds they have committed.

They need to die a natural death, or be killed by one lawsuit too many, whichever comes first.

Please...don't let this go. I know that would be the course of least resistance, but you and your wife will both be better able to deal with this if you make all parties pay for their contribution to what happened. Go after them.