Complaint Review: Creamer's Towing

• Reported By: sm_seaton — Alachua Florida
Creamer's Towing
313 NE Sunnybrook St Lake City, Florida USA

Creamer's Towing Tow truck, Tow, Creamer's, Towing, Lake City Florida

I was in a car accident in which my vehicle required towing.  Within 2 hours of the vehicle being towed I called the tow truck company to see how much it would cost to pick up my vehicle on the same day of the accident and was told that my tow bill was $360 dollars. $360 for the 2 miles it was towed from the scene of the accident to the tow yard.

We waited until the next day, a Monday, to pick it up and paid just over $330.  I was told the price dropped because it was no longer a weekend.  Also the tow truck driver told me that my car was totaled and suggested I sign over the car to them to pay for my tow bill.

Interestingly enough, the bill to get my car running again was a mere $150, as it was far from totaled. [continued below]....

.....  Also when we went to pay in cash, as the company does not accept debit, insurance, check, money order, AAA, credit, or anything that isn't cash we were told that we were $20 short.  Only after making him count the money 4 times and slowly (with us watching closely) did he admit that we had paid in full and told us "My bad, yall".  After dealing with this nightmare of a company the fully naked, less-than artistic calenders on the wall were the least of my problems.

My brother-in-law had his car towed 15 miles in Ganesville for being illegally parked and he paid $60.  This is by far the most worthless and sleazy company I've ever had to deal with.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2013 07:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Creamers-Towing/Lake-City-Florida-32055/Creamers-Towing-Tow-truck-Tow-Creamers-Towing-Lake-City-Florida-1091372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Creamer's Towing