Complaint Review: Creative Home Images, Marietta GA

• Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: David — Canton Georgia United States of America
Creative Home Images, Marietta GA
70 Lake somerset Crest Marietta, Georgia United States of America

Creative Home Images, Marietta GA Dale Stoupa Liars! Cheats! Scam Artists! Shoddy workmanship! They only took our money and left without finishing work! Marietta, Georgia

*General Comment: Creative Home Images, INC. Will Rip Off any and all people

*Consumer Comment: I Agree That they are Crooks

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: The real truth

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: In responce to David Hughes on Creative Home Images/Dale Stoupa

*General Comment: Location of the Stoupa's

Dale and Debra Stoupa, dba Creative Home Images, present themselves as licensed and insured contractors who can build, repair and paint anything. They are not licensed or insured contractors. They always want money in advance. Do not pay them any money in advance. They always say that advance money is for materials, paint, etc., but they are lying!! They are only trying to stay a step ahead of everyone they owe money to. Dale and Debra Stoupa owe thousands of dollars to several homewoners and rental landlords in Georgia. We found out later that they have a lien on their business from past problems of the same nature.

We contracted with them for home exterior repairs and a whole house paint job including pressure wash prior to paint. We gave them a down payment, and thought everything was a go. We were told that it was a 7-8 day job. Dale only came and worked 1-2 hours a day. [continued below]....
..... They had to rent equipment, did a lousy pressure wash job and damaged the grout on my flagstone steps to my front door. Their "repairs" were lousy quality, escpecially where they were supposed to fill damaged wood and just "glopped" on caulking to cover it. They kept asking for more money, for "additional repairs" and never completed those repairs.

They had to borrow ladders, did not know how to properly use an airless sprayer so poor paint coverage was plainly visible. Dale never sanded or primered or properly prepped in any way any pressure washed  areas that had bare wood showing. Trim paint work was lousy and when he finally brought a helper, it was someone who never painted before and stated that "he hated painting".

We had to buy our own paint because Dale and Debra were trying to buy the cheapest paint they could and charge us a premium price. When we finally said we would not pay them any more until the job was complete, they packed up their tools and their yard sign and abandoned the job. They told us they did all the work that the money we had already paid them had covered.

During the job, Debra kept talking about living in Jasper and having to drive down every day from there. We found out later that they were kicked out of the Jasper home 6 months prior and owe that rental homeowner several thousand dollars. Dale and Debra Stoupa are habitual liars and will say anything to get sympathy and money from you.

Dale knows "some" repair work and can "talk the talk" which can con a homeowner into thinking they should let Dale and Debra Stoupa work for them. Do not fall for this con!! Do not let Dale and Debra Stoupa talk you into paying them any money. Ask them for their contractors license and insurance information. Tell them they get no money until the job is complete. Ask them for their residential or business address and confirm it!

We had a real confirmed contractor come to help fix things and he had to redo most of Dale's repairs and completely re-wash and re-paint our house.

We cannot find Dale and Debra Stoupa now, they are hiding from everyone - including us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2012 07:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Creative-Home-Images-Marietta-GA/Marietta-Georgia-30064/Creative-Home-Images-Marietta-GA-Dale-Stoupa-Liars-Cheats-Scam-Artists-Shoddy-workmans-868016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Creative Home Images, Marietta GA

#1 General Comment

Creative Home Images, INC. Will Rip Off any and all people

AUTHOR: Rebecca - (United States of America)

They have been unfounded, last I herd they were living in Ballground,Ga . They are horrible people even though they say they have people who appreciate who they are and will lie straight to your face about any and all BS. They haven't paid people back nor will they finish any work if they "breach" a contract that hasn't been revised since 09. They will harrass you and talk bad about you behind your back to other people.they are not GBI/FBI as they tend to say nor are they licensed and insured. While they are not licensed or insured, make sure you check a proof of documentation that they are as they say they are.  THESE ARE PEOPLE YOU DON"T WANT TO DEAL WITH.

I Agree That they are Crooks

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (United States of America)

I also fell into their scam.  We had them give an estimate on repair work on my rental house.  First they said that they accepted credit cards and then the story changed to the credit card machine was broken and they needed a cash deposit for supplies.  Three times they made excuses as to why they couldn't start the work and by that time we said never mind, just return the deposit since no supplies had been purchased.  We were promised numerous times that it would be returned and then we were told that the deposit was non refundable.

Dale and Debra even had the nerve to alter my check and write in on the memo section that the deposit was non refundable.  Fortunately I have duplicating checks and the memo line on my copy is blank.  I have all the text messages where a refund was promised but of course they were all lies.  David was correct when he stated that they are neither licensed or insured and I intend to report that to the State of Georgia.  I have filed a lawsuit in Magistrate court but they keep avoiding service.  So much for how honest they claim that they are.  I just hope no one else falls into their trap.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

The real truth

AUTHOR: David - (U.S.A.)

This is in response to "The truth" stated by either Dale or Debra Stoupa in rebuttal to my report. I dont know who actually wrote the rebuttal because of the outrageous lies stated in the rebuttal, which only goes to prove the validity of my initial report.

Yes, I hired Dale to repair and paint my house. He stated that he could get the job done in 7-8 days. I informed him that this time frame was acceptable, as we were looking at some travel after the job was finished.

Yes I shopped around for prices prior to hiring Dale. Of course I was looking for a decent price on the work that needed to be done.

I did need to go out of town on business during the job.

We did have a trip planned for after the project which we though would be done before we left.

OK HERE IS WHERE DALE AND DEBRA STOUPA'S LIES BEGIN...

Dale /Debra Stoupa Lie #1: "...and only to find myself in hardship from receiving an email from my bank stating that Mrs. Hughes had been writting fraudulent checks that put
my business account in solid overdraft."

The Truth: My wife (who has never written a bad check in her life and we have bank and credit history to prove this) wrote a check to their company, not to them personally, and this triggered Debra Stoupa to panic because they have a lien on their business account due to the money they owe several people, include thousands of dollars in rent to just one rental owner. I have that rental owner's name if anyone needs it. I also have the lawyer's name involved in the lien on the Stoupa's business account, if anyone needs that. Debra called me frantically trying to reach my wife to get the check cancelled before the lien got ahold of it.

Dale / Debra Stoupa Lie #2: "I contacted David by phone and he explained that Jeanett,his wife would like to meet at the paint store and buy the paint because she had printed out some coupons and wanted the discount. I explained that would be ok,but with the undewrstanding that we agreed on for the price difference and still needed the bad checks she wrote to be paid in full
asap or I would have to take legal action against her and did not want to go that route. David agreed he would take care of as soon as he returned home from trip and again found myself to be lied to again by the Hughes."

The Truth: There was no threat of, nor any basis for, legal action - they requested the cancellation of the check because of the business lien. Regarding paint, we chose to buy the paint ourselves, because at this point, we were getting concerned over how the job was going and wanted to make sure the paint we wanted was used.

Dale / Debra Stoupa Lie #3: "...David returned home,said he loved the work and when i asked him to please take care of the fraud checks him and his wife wrote to my company."

The Truth: When I returned from my business trip, I wanted to discuss my concerns over the issue of the paint, and about the duration of the project, which was running long since Dale only showed up for 1-2 hours a day. The was no dialogue about fraudulent checks, since that did not even happen. What I did make clear at this point in time was that I would not pay for anything else until the job was done.

Dale / Debra Stoupa Lie #4: "...David responsed with another annoucement that they are leaving for Disney World for a week the next morning and would have to delay the job until they returned home and that they didn't want anyone at the house when they were out of town which i was never aware of till that momment. I approached David at that same time and explained to him
that I couldn't work in these conditions and maybe be best for him to hire someone else when they returned home from their Disney trip. I explained that they could just use the monies from all the bad checks that i do have copies of as proof of my facts to pay for someone else that could work under those conditions."

The Truth: The trip that I did mention to Dale and Debra at the beginning of the project was scheduled, and I informed them that we would be away for 3 days. I expressed to Dale that I was disappointed overall in the quality and progress of the work. I offered to Dale that, on my return from our 3-day trip, we could get together and do a project walk-though to address the issues and resolve the project. It was at this point that they pack up all their tools and their yard sign and abandoned the project with whatever money they could get out of us. They have no copies of bad checks because they don't exist. If they present any of our check copies as bad checks THIS IS FRAUD.

Dale / Debra Stoupa Lie #5: "...I felt so disapointed that i didn't listen to the nieghbors when they
warn me about the Hughes and how because they have done this to other contractors in the past could not find anyone to do work on their house in seven years. May this be a learning experience to any and all contrators debating on doing work for these NON CHRISTAN BELIEVING and made it very clear to all of us that this is also one of the reason their neighbors don't want anything to do with them. I have come to find the Hughes to be CROOKED HOMEOWNERS!"

The Truth:  1)None of my neighbors warned them about anything. Anyone needing to verify this can come anytime. Dale and Debra tried to con one of my neighbors, but they chose a different contractor. 2) I have not even lived in my house for seven years. 3) I hired a reputable contractor to fix all of Dale's mistakes. This other contractor asked for no money until the job was done and we were happy. He had to re-pressure wash to get the areas that Dale missed. He had to re-spray the areas where Dale did not completely cover with the base color. When he was finished, we paid him 100% of the project. I can provide references to that company if anyone is interested.

Dale / Debra Stoupa Lie #6:
"...Please understand that the address that David Hughes gives in his report is infact of my passed on mother and my 70 year old father's home address and am requesting to please respect his privacy and that David Hughes has all of my correct infomation and have had the same numbers since 1997 when started this business here in Georgia.

The Truth: I don't see where I put any address in my report, but we could not reach Dale or Debra at any address we were provided.

Dale / Debra Stoupa Lie #7: ..." 1.) If I'm such a bad person David,than why is it that when we asked you and your family to join us out around many happy people for the St. Patrick's Day Celebration? You answered,your happy to and attended. 2.) If all said and done in your story report of me personally and in business is in truth,than why did you refuse to have a meeting with me
or bring your complaints to a court of law. 3.) If I'm the crook,than why do I have your neighbors as witnesses and all my proof of documentation to prove my rebuttal reply to your report. 4.) The
pictures you show in your false and fraudulent report only show what I  have completed and the paint stage that was left to finish due to you stopping the job and going to Disney World and not paying for completed work.

The Truth:
1) We didn't know any better at the beginning. 2)We could not find you physically at any of the addresses you provided. 3) You don't.  4) The pictures speak for themselves.

In summary, we have contact with the individuals that the Stoupa's and Creative Home Images owe money to. We have bank and credit records that prove that there were no fraudulent checks written, ever, by my wife. Our neighbors can speak for themselves. I also have references with the contractor who did the completed project.

I will restate what I said in my original report. Do not ever pay any money to these individuals until the job is done. If you are considering hiring them, insist that you write the check to their business name.

...and last, but by no means least, since you are bringing the Lord's name into this dialogue, I have only one thing to offer. "Thou shalt not bear false witness".

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

In responce to David Hughes on Creative Home Images/Dale Stoupa

AUTHOR: Creative Home Images/Dale Stoupa - (United States of America)

I,Dale Stoupa/DBA Creative Home Images want to let the truth be known about the false comments and lies that David Hughes has reported about my company and myself. David first hired me to repair and replace all rotted wood where needed around the house with vinyl as upon his request and in the middle of estimate asked me for a price to paint the exterior of the house.
David explained to me that he didn't want to pay for the other contractor's quotes he recived prior to my quote.
We  than all came to an agreement and then met up for a St. Patrick's Day evening out to do a paint color select from the color swatch of their request and to signed an agreement.
After the rotted wood completion were addressed by David that he had to leave town for a week for a job interview and I continued to work on the house while waiting for his return and while he was out of town requested for payment to start the exterior painting and only to find myself in hardship from receiving an email from my bank stating that Mrs. Hughes had been writting fraudulent checks that put my business account in solid overdraft. I returned the next day to try an resolve this matter with Mrs. Hughes only to find myself unsatified. I contacted David by phone and he explained that Jeanett,his wife would like to meet at the paint store and buy the paint because she had printed out some coupons and wanted the discount. I explained that would be ok,but with the undewrstanding that we agreed on for the price difference and still needed the bad checks she wrote to be paid in full asap or I would have to take legal action against her and did not want to go that route. David agreed he would take care of as soon as he returned home from trip and again found myself to be lied to again by the Hughes.
David returned home,said he loved the work and when i asked him to please take care of the fraud checks him and his wife wrote to my company. David responsed with another annoucement that they are leaving for Disney World for a week the next morning and would have to delay the job until they returned home and that they didn't want anyone at the house when they were out of town which i was never aware of till that momment. I approached David at that same time and explained to him that I couldn't work in these conditions and maybe be best for him to hire someone else when they returned home from their Disney trip. I explained that they could just use the monies from all the bad checks that i do have copies of as proof of my facts to pay for someone else that could work under those conditions.
I felt so disapointed that i didn't listen to the nieghbors when they warn me about the Hughes and how because they have done this to other contractors in the past could not find anyone to do work on their house in seven years. May this be a learning experience to any and all contrators debating on doing work for these NON CHRISTAN BELIEVING and made it very clear to all of us that this is also one of the reason their neighbors don't want anything to do with them. I have come to find the Hughes to be CROOKED HOMEOWNERS!
These are the homeowners that like to have contractors work on their house and not pay them for their labor.   I have been doing contractor work for twenty six years and living and working up here in the N. Georgia area for over seventeen years and this is the first time i can say that i should have seen the warning signs and as for David's stories about me and some rental property. That is a lie and he should really get his facts straight. That rental propery was a mountain nightmare that was apart of our family going through last November due to real esate fraud and after moving into on the eighteen of November,2011 became victims of a raw sewage back up two days before Thanksgiving Day and we brought that property before a court of law and at this time still have not received settlement for our damages.
I am GBI/FBI back ground clearences and not only do i have the clear back ground but i have worked in many law enforcement's homes.
If anyone has any doubts about me or what i have to offer as a standard professional business owner, than please ask me for anyone of my many and over two hundred referrences and pictures that I would be very happy to give and show you.
As for David's story about renting a presure washer. I have an account with Home Depot and also his story about cheap materials. There is nothing cheap about replacing wood with vinyl or the Sherwim Williams Paint that was the request of Hughes and if anyone has any doubts about my facts, I have all before pictures,documentation:Copies of front and back of deposited fraudulent checks written by the Hughes which in a court of law is believed to be criminal any thing written over five hundred dollars.
I am license and insured  and have many pictures of my work and email letters of recommendation for me.
If this story told by David Hughes is said to be all in truth,than why when i sent him many text messages explaining to him to make good of the fraudulent checks and pay me for all the work i completed that he replied that he didn't want recorded text or emails messages and I repied that would be my only communication way. David refused and I explained for him to find someone else that he would be willing to pay for the very little that was left and unpaid.
This rebuttal reply is not to offend anyone but is in defense of myself and the many of thousands happy and repeat clients I have worked very hard to maintain and will continue to do so.
Thank you for this time and anyone that feels the need to read this ridiculous report.
I have a couple of concerns about David myself.
2.) If all said and done in your story report of me personally and in business is in truth,than why did you refuse to have a meeting with me or bring your complaints to a court of law.
4.) The pictures you show in your false and fraudulent report only show what I have completed and the paint stage that was left to finish due to you stopping the job and going to Disney World and not paying for completed work.

Well unlike the Hughes'. I do believe in God and believe there is a heaven and believe that the good go to heaven and believe that the bad go to purgutory.

May God Bless The Hughes.

Creative Home Images

#5 General Comment

Location of the Stoupa's

AUTHOR: Terri - (United States of America)

I was wondering if the police are looking for these two people, they are interested in renting a home from me, which is why I did a google search on them and found this report.  Do you know if there is a warrant out for them or anything like that?

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC