lying

credit acceptance
pob 55188 detriot, Michigan United States of America

credit acceptance laugh at Vet with PTSD detriot, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Hmm.

*Consumer Comment: Bottom Line Is....

*Consumer Comment: Elaborate?

I've been back a month with them for about a year and a half, make payments pay late fees. lost income 1 month, not my fault. They will leave me alone but evey so often call. They were really good about it until the last call, when I was having a bad day. Upon trying to tell the CS rep why I was yelling, that I suffer from PTSD and just began treatment. Was injured in 1969 and recently strated treatment. We are told in treatment if you loose it to tell who ever why. When I did so he began to laugh and really hard at me!

This man has no clue the horrors I went through. Complaints to the Coprp office go ignored.

So, I get screwed up, do as I am suppsed to and get laughed at? for protecting this creep and taking one in the back? Good thing they are in MI, and I have no money. Vets in MI hear me- credit accept is bias towards us!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2012 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/credit-acceptance/detriot-Michigan-48255/credit-acceptance-laugh-at-Vet-with-PTSD-detriot-Michigan-884064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on credit acceptance

Hmm.

AUTHOR: anon - (United States of America)

First, I am very sorry to hear of your troubles, and thank you for your service to our country.

It is your service that has allowed "Jim" here the freedom to respond to every single complaint made against his beloved company, Credit Acceptance Corporation.

Jim, while I appreciate your loyalty and devotion to them - because that is rare to find in an employee these days - I am curious why you feel the need to defend them to the point of annoyance.   Some of your comments go back 2+ years.   Do you need a companion?  Or does CAC pay you to bash consumers who want to complain?  Granted, most probably don't tell the truth, but I know for a fact that your company isn't quite honest themselves.  Google "Credit Acceptance lawsuits" and read.

Is your money aka paycheck riding on people paying their car loans on time?   Sounds like, from all the late fees and crazy percent interest these consumers are paying, this company isn't in dire straits.

I think you've made it abundantly clear that you are an upstanding, law-abiding, pay-your-bills-on-time guy.  How fortunate for you that you have not faced any obstacles in life that prohibit you from being one day late on a loan, or to get yourself a crappy credit score that has to resort to making you "subprime", as you so lovingly like to call people.  Things happen...even to people like yourself, who could use a bit of humbling.   You claim no one forced them into signing these contracts...yet, when someone NEEDS a car to get back and forth to work (or would you rather them sit on their butts and collect welfare?)...dealerships don't offer another type of bank.

You can't deny that your company has taken advantage of "subprime" consumers.  And you have the audacity to get mad because they pay their loan late?  What did you expect??  LOL

I think this website is fantastic for letting consumers know what companies are worth their time, and what aren't.  The complaints about CAC are phenomenal.  And "Jim" here has pushed CAC's reputation even further down the drain by making them appear to be just the monsters that they are described.

Here's a suggestion, Jim.  The next time you feel the need to mock someone...get up from your chair, take a deep breath, and wonder if any of this will matter when you're long gone and forgotten.

Bottom Line Is....

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

The threshold matter here is the guy is late on his payments...they are doing routine collections procedures and the guy doesn't like it and in turn blames them even though he is the one who has turned on these collections efforts. All the other points, although regretable from a human standpoint, have no bearing on his status of being a late payer. In fact, if he felt he was so impaired by his alleged afliction, then it was incumbant upon him to NOT take on the responsibility of a loan. What is clearly happening here is the borrower is simply discrediting the lender with imagined or made up allegations as a "smokescreen" only and exclusively because the lender has pursued collections efforts because the borrower continues to live up to his suprime reputation.

Elaborate?

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

I am sorry to hear about it. Though, I would like to hear more in detail about what actually happened. Your report is too brief and gets to the conclusion very quickly. It looks like...

"They are bad ... I told them I have PTSD and they laughed ... Don't use them..."

I would prefer to hear the whole story about what they did and what you said.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC