Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Reported By: Caitlin — Coventry Connecticut United States of America
Credit Acceptance
25505 West Twelve Mile Road Southfield, Michigan United States of America

Credit Acceptance warranty problems Southfield, Michigan

Back in March I bought a car and used the Credit Acceptance program to help me finance the car since I have bad credit. Credit Acceptance had me pay an extra fee for an extended 2 year warranty through Wynn. I thought to myself "great! now if something goes wrong, I'm totally covered!" Oh, how wrong I was....

My check engine light came on several months after I bought the car and it turned out to be the catalytic converter. I looked on my warranty and it said the entire exhaust manifold is covered (which is where my cats are). So, I took my car to the dealer I bought it from and left it to be repaired.

Towards the end of the day, I got a call saying the cat wasn't going to be covered because it's the only part that's not covered on the hundred or so warranties Wynn issues out. Ok, first of all, nowhere on my warranty does it say it's NOT covered, and second of all if the ENTIRE exhaust manifold is covered, then why isn't a part that's INSIDE the manifold covered?! Personally I think if it's not stated anywhere on the warranty that something isn't covered then it should be covered!

Thankfully no work was done on my car, so I'm not stuck paying for anything except the diagnosis. But now I get to drive around with a bad cat, and can't pass emissions, because I don't have the $1,000+ to pay for it out of pocket.

Way to go, Credit Acceptance. Way. To. Go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2012 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Credit-Acceptance-warranty-problems-Southfield-Michigan-943066. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance