• Report: #201746

• Submitted: Tue, July 18, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 07, 2006

• Reported By:akron Ohio
Credit Acceptance
25505 W. Twelve Mile Rd Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Credit Acceptance we will repo your car ripoff Southfield Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: I Understand

*Consumer Comment: You signed a contract

I have had a car financed with credit acceptance corp for over a year. My payment record is excellent, never late and always 5 to 10 days early.

Today I called cac, cutomer service, and spoke to angela. My payment is die 7/23/06, I asked if I could make my payment on 7/28/2006. Angela told me "no, and if you do not make the payment by the 25th, your car will be disabled and we will repo it on the 27th." I pointed out that I had never been late, always early. angela said," if your credit wasnt so bad, you wouldnt be going through this, we are the ones that helped you by financing you." I said,"You are helping me? i financed 10,000 over a year ago and i still owe 9,000 and a pay off of 7200.

Who's helping who here, I'm paying your salary." Angela said, that is our policy ans it cant be changed." I said, "even irs changes policy". Angela said, talk to irs then, if you don't pay your electric bill, they shut off your electric". I said, " but the electric company gives you a grace perioe before they shut it off" Angela said, "I got to go." and hung up.

No dealing with this company, will disable your car and repo it and its all your fault because you are a deadbeat. Does not matter that you have an excellent payment history with this company.

John
akron, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2006 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Southfield-Michigan-48037/Credit-Acceptance-we-will-repo-your-car-ripoff-Southfield-Michigan-201746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I Understand

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I understand about the device in my car, I know I signed a contract, I also know that I don't need to be talked to or insulted like I was. I do know you are also wrong about Credit Acceptance not being able to do anything. I talked with a high official, who called me, and gave me a couple of days to make my payment, I continue to make my payments early and have not been late since. The person who called me also apologized for the employee's comments to me, Just because you have bad credit does not mean you have to be treated like a bad person and insulted and humiliated.

You signed a contract

AUTHOR: Renee - (U.S.A.)

You have a starter interuption device and you also agreed to pay your payment on the due date. If the payment is late and you have this device then there is nothing Credit Acceptance can do. You can pay the payment later but the car will still be disabled.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC