• Report: #1119672

• Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

• Reported By: ONEMADLADY — Winchester Virginia
Credit Acceptance
25505 West Twelve Mile Road Southfield, Missouri USA

Credit Acceptance Credit Acceptance helps car dealerships scam customers Southfield Missouri

*Author of original report: They are scamming me

*Consumer Comment: So many things wrong with this report.

I went to Goldstar Motors to get a car for my son, they ran the  amounts of the vehicle alone with the others charges thur Credit Acceptance, they gave me the loan. After buying the car 2 months later my son decided to trade the car in. We went to the Chrysler dealership on Valley Ave Winchester, Va 22601, the sales lady came out and got all the info she needed.
The lady returned and said "I'm very sorry but I can't take this car as a trade in, as it's a salvage vehicle" I said what I never heard of that before, I asked her what does this mean?  She said the car has been wrecked and it's not worth 2   cents,she said" Take the car back where you got it and tell them you want your money back" "It's illegal to sell a salvage vehicle without telling you." I told her he never told me nothing, I told her that he had given me 3 sets of 30 days tags(temp tags) because there were an issue with the title. She said "that not legal either".
I went back to Gold Star and asked to speak to the owner He came out and I told him what the sales lady at the other dealership said and he laughed and said "You must of signed agreeing you knew it was salvaged". I said just why in the heck would I do that? Why would I spend $11,000 on a vehicle I can't do nothing with? He said "Well, it's your problem now" all the salespeople laughed.
I told him I was going to sue him. He said "come into my office". He said if I bring the car back and not turn him in he would call it even, I said what about the $1500 I put down and the 2 car payments we paid? He said " I'm not given you any money, take it or leave it".  So I told him he had to come get it cause I was turning the tags in. He said ok, we will be there Friday night.

Friday night came and they took the car. I didnt hear anything for 4 months and Credit Acceptance called and said they wanted their payments. I told them what had happen and Gold Star said they will take care of this. They said ok. About 3 yrs later I try to buy a car down in Fairfax, Va and I was denied because I had a judgement on my credit report. Credit Acceptance is now suing me for the $11,000 that I paid for the car. GoldStar took the car and resold it and never told Credit Acceptance what was going on. Something has to be done. This is so unfair.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Southfield-Missouri-48034/Credit-Acceptance-Credit-Acceptance-helps-car-dealerships-scam-customers-Southfield-Misso-1119672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance

They are scamming me

AUTHOR: ONEMADLADY - ()

Credit Acceptance  came and got the car.( I found out Friday. Not the dealer.).. Credit Acceptance  sold this debt  to a collection agency in another city in Va. So Credit Acceptance  is working for the dealer ship scum like gold star. figures.

I not finished yet....

So many things wrong with this report.

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

" She said "that not legal either"."

To begin with, getting legal advice from used car salespeople is about as effective as consulting a dog or a cat.

"   So I told him he had to come get it cause I was turning the tags in. He said ok, we will be there Friday night. "

You seem to be confused about what happened.   You took out a loan on a used car.   You did not trade the car in, nor did you sell it.  You just handed it back to the place where you bought it.  Since you don't mention it, I'm assuming that you did not sign any document that indicated you were selling the car back to the dealer.

Stop and think about this.   You had a contract with the finance company that you borrowed the money from.   Under that contract, you were required to repay the amount you borrowed, plus the agreed upon interest.    If you had actually sold or traded the car in, the loan would have been repaid as part of the transaction.    You did neither of those things.  As far as the lender (and anyone else) is concerned, you just stopped paying what you owed them.

The likely scenario is this: The car was reported returned to the dealer as a voluntary repossesion.   The car was sold at auction (for peanuts) and the lender considered the loan to be in default.    The lender at some point filed suit on the remaining balance (with interest and fees) and a default judgement was entered against you.   You should have been notified of that court action, not that it matters that much, since you admit that you just stopped paying.

Bottom line, you can't just stop paying on a car loan without making arrangements to have the loan payed off.    As you have seen, it will come back to haunt you.    Your problems with the seller have nothing to do with your contract with the lender.  They are two entirely separate entities.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC