Complaint Review: Credit Collection Service

• Updated: Tue, February 25, 2014

• Reported By: Jean — Mayfield Kentucky
Credit Collection Service
Two Wells Avenue Newton, Massachusetts USA

Credit Collection Service debited my bankl account before authorized date and said i had authorized that date Newton Massachusetts

*Author of original report: CCS has stepped up to the plate.

*Consumer Comment: Information....

I thought that my problems with this group were over---HAH! Yesterday, they debited my bank account for a payment. I called thwem this morning, and asked why. They told me I had authorized the payment on the 24th of this month. I told them I would NEVER have done that, since i don't get paid until the 26th. They told me that there was nothing that could be done about this payment, since it had already been deducted. Well, guess what---I was charged a $36.00 overdraft fee by my bank for this mistake by CCS. I am LIVID! They will be getting a call from me at 7:00 am my time in the morning, and informed that they must be responsible for this $36.00 charge. I am so disgusted with this whole thing that i wish i had the money to pay them off and be done with them.

This has been going on so long that I don't even remember who the original account was with. I do not plan on forgetting this. Supposedly, the balance of my payments to them have been scheduled for paydays till the debt is paid off. They had better not do this to me again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/25/2014 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Service/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/Credit-Collection-Service-debited-my-bankl-account-before-authorized-date-and-said-i-had-1126593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Service

CCS has stepped up to the plate.

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

I talked with the folks at CCS this morning, and have faxed them the necessary documentation necessary to have them look into refunding the overdraft charge. They were very gracious, and I cannot be any more pleased with their response.

Information....

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Do you have proof of this agreement in writing?

If so you may actually have a very easy lawsuit against them.  It is against the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act(FDCPA) to withdraw a payment before it was authorized.  If a debt collection company violates this you have the right to sue them.  You are able to recover your costs as well as $1000 in Statutory Damages.  You do not need a lawyer and can do this in Small Claims, but you may want to consult a lawyer and you would be able to recover the costs for that as well...of course all of this is if you prevail.

Now, if it is not in writing you have no proof of this agreement and prevaling in court is going to be much harder.  This is why you should NEVER agree to anything with a Collection Agency unless it is in writting, and all communications you send needs to be by Certified Mail so you can prove it was delivered.

You can search the Internet for a lot of information on the FDCPA, specifically section 808 (15 USC 1692f) "Unfair Practices".   If you think it applies to you and can prove it in court..then you may want to think about suing them.